Do you find it difficult to carry groceries to your car after shopping a lot at the supermarket? Do you hit the beach often and need help to carry beach gear? Do you face problems when you have to carry different heavy goods from one part of your house to the other or someplace else? If you face these problems often, you need a solution right now. You could get yourself a helping hand, but that isn’t the most plausible solution. A better solution would be buying collapsible wagons that you can use to carry heavy loads anywhere you want. Having one of these in your arsenal can serve various purposes. You can carry groceries, picnic essentials, beach stuff, garden tools, fishing gear, and more. Any load that you find inconvenient to carry, you can transfer to your collapsible/folding wagon and carry it with ease. Folding wagons are available in different capacities and choosing one that is suitable for the load you want to carry can be the solution to all your problems.
Do you Actually need a Collapsible Wagon?
Many may wonder whether collapsible wagons are worth investing in. Well, unless you have someone to carry your heavy belongings at all times, you need a wagon for yourself. And buying a foldable/collapsible wagon will do away with bulky size problems that non-foldable wagons pose. So, if you are not on a too-tight budget, buy yourself one of the best collapsible wagons and enjoy the convenience for a long time to come.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Collapsible Wagon
Collapsible wagons are easy to buy since you will find a variety of them at all online stores. However, how do you decide which one will suit you the best? Well, here are a few pointers that you may want to consider before buying a wagon for yourself:
Purpose: The intended use of the wagon is very important. If you want the wagon to serve your needs efficiently, you must consider how you want to use the wagon. Will be using it just to carry groceries and other such items or will you use it to carry beach gear, camping essentials, etc.? The answer to this will decide the type of wagon you need. If you are planning to use it on the rough ground like the beach or garden, you must buy a wagon that is suitable for all terrains. If you intend to use small areas, you would want one that can easily make tight turns. If you want to give your kids or pets a fun ride, you may want to buy one with a canopy. Choosing a wagon based on your needs is the ideal way to go about it.
Weight Capacity: Collapsible wagons come with different weight capacities. Some may be good for moderate weights, while others can carry very heavy loads. If you are interested in carrying only groceries or picnic/camping items, a wagon with a moderate capacity is good for you. However, if you want to carry heavy loads or your pets or kids, you would want the best collapsible wagons that would be able to handle the load with ease. Always choose one that has a weight capacity more than what you intend to carry. This will avoid any stress on your wagon and give it a better lifespan.
Size: The size of a wagon, when open, usually goes in line with the weight capacity. Wagons with higher capacity usually are bigger in size to be able to accommodate everything with ease. What needs to be factored in is the size of the wagon when folded. Different wagons fold to different sizes, and this matters the most. The smaller the size after folding, the easier it is to store the product when not in use. You need to decide how much space is available for storage and buy a wagon that fits easily into that space. Also, if you want to carry it in your car (which is pretty inevitable), you need a product that fits your car trunk.
Frame Strength: Wagons are meant to carry loads that you cannot conveniently carry. And this can easily go beyond 100 pounds. The wagon must be good enough to carry that much weight. That’s why a lot depends on the frame strength. The frame of the wagon has to support the weight to be carried and if it is not strong enough, the wagon may wobble, strain, or even break. So, while purchasing a wagon, choose one with the strongest frame. Wagons made of steel frames that are powder-coated are the best bet for your money.
Fabric Quality: This is another important aspect to take into account while looking for the best collapsible wagons. Products that use high-quality, strong fabric are better suited for carrying heavy loads without any issue. The fabric will not tear under pressure, and thus, increase the longevity of the product. Materials like cotton, polyester, etc. are commonly preferred as wagon fabric.
Wheels: Like frame and fabric, one should also pay attention to the type of wheels the wagon has while buying it. If you want to use the wagon frequently for different purposes, it is best to choose wheels that are good for all kinds of terrains. All-terrain wheels ensure that you can use the wagon on different surfaces like pavement, sand, hardwood, bumpy, etc. without any issue. These wheels are usually broad and thick. You should also choose wheels that are made of high-quality material. This will make them durable and sturdy which is important if you are planning to carry heavy loads frequently.
Handle: Many times buyers do not pay much attention to the wagon handles while buying one. But that’s a big mistake. You will need the handle to push or pull the wagon and if you need to bend yourself awkwardly to be able to get hold of the handle, you aren’t going to like it. So, look for a product that has a handle that you can comfortably reach. Better still is getting one with adjustable handles so that everyone in your family can use it comfortably.
Maintenance: Wagons are meant to heavy-duty. But they do wear and tear eventually. It is best to be prepared from the beginning. Choose a wagon that is low on maintenance so that you do not have to spend on repairs quite often. Make sure that you can find spares quite easily and also know how to do the repairs, at least the small ones.
Best Collapsible Wagons Reviewed
1. Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Wagon:
Mac Sports brings to you one of the best heavy-duty utility wagons that you can buy. With a high capacity interior, you can store all the outdoor essentials, snacks, toys, and beach gear that you need. It comes with a heavy-duty frame which allows the wagon to be able to carry a maximum of 150 lbs of weight.
This is a folding wagon, which means you can easily store this wagon after you fold it into a 10” thick object. You can easily store this inside your car trunk. This wagon is made of 600D fabric which makes it durable and is really easy to clean as well after you use it.
One of the exciting features that this wagon comes with is the built-in mobile phone and cup holders. This will always ensure that you will have your snacks and drinks by your side while you are at the beach. Other than having a foldable design, it comes with an adjustable handle as well which certainly adds to the easy transportation and portability as well.
- Good enough storage to have the beach necessities with you.
- Folds up nicely and makes it easy to store.
- Comes with cup holders and a mobile phone holder.
- The table attached to it is a bit large than it should be.
2. Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Wagon Beach Cart:
Looking for a heavy-duty all-terrain wagon for your home? Choose this beach cart from Mac Sports and you won’t regret it at all. It weighs only 22.5 lbs which makes it easy to transport and carry around while you are on trips. Folds pretty quickly in a small package which is easy to store as well. You can carry it right in your car trunk without any problem at all. It comes with high-quality 600D fabric and an adjustable handle as well. According to the Collapsible Wagons reviews, this wagon has a nicely compact design, 2 cup holders, and collapsible feature which definitely make it the first choice for many users. And since it comes with a carry case, it becomes easy to carry it anywhere you want.
- Folds easily.
- Smooth maneuvering capabilities.
- High-Quality fabric.
- Durable steel frame.
- Weight capacity of 150 lbs.
- Sturdy construction.
- Fabric is easy to remove and clean.
- Works fine for beach, picnic, or camp trips.
- Weighs only 22 lbs which makes it perfectly portable.
- Not easy to move through loose sand.
- The wheel quality is not great.
- Does not work well on the slopes.
3. Mac Sports Heavy Duty Collapsible Folding All Terrain Utility Beach Wagon Cart:
This is one of the best spacious collapsible wagons from Mac Sports. You do not have to go through any hassle to assemble it at all. It’s completely folding and weighs only 24.5 lbs which definitely makes it portable in nature and easy to use even on deep sand beaches. This cart is designed with 600D fabric which is not only durable in nature but also is easy to clean. The construction of this wagon is mainly strong due to its heavy-duty metal frames and it allows you to carry almost 150 lbs easily. The handle included is adjustable and makes it easier to transport through the sand. With the mesh cup holders in place, you can have your favorite drinks with you all the time. Overall this one is perfect for going to a beach, picnic, or in any outdoor event or sports.
- High storage capacity up to 150 lbs.
- The low weight makes it one of the best portable collapsible wagons that you can buy.
- The cart is designed with 600D high-quality fabric.
- The handle is adjustable according to your height and is padded for added comfort.
- The plastic made wheels are big enough and are of high quality.
- The frame is made out of powder-coated steel which is durable in nature and is perfect to carry heavyweights.
- You do not have to assemble the wagon before you use it.
- Compared to other beach carts available in the same category this one is a bit pricey.
- No push-handle for added comfort.
- No canopy included.
4. Sekey Folding Wagon Cart Collapsible Outdoor Utility Wagon:
If you are looking to buy a multipurpose high capacity cart then this particular utility wagon from Sekey is the best option for you. With big enough storage space it can be easily used as a trolley to transport all your shopping items, or you can take it to your beach trips, camping, outdoor events, etc.
With 7” diameter wheels and a high-quality steel frame, it can take a load of up to 265 lbs. The fabric used in this wagon is 600D Oxford which is easy to clean and durable in nature too. Setting up this wagon is really easy and you do not have to assemble the thing to use. You can fold it into a really small size that can fit in any small storage space. It even comes with a carry bag as well for easy transportation from one place to another.
The wheels have PU tires and include bearings that ensure 360-degree rotation and smooth movement on any type of road or surface. The handle attached to it can be adjusted according to your convenience as well.
- As per Collapsible Wagons reviews, this collapsible wagon has a capacity of 265 lbs.
- It folds into a nice small size which means you do not need a lot of space to store it.
- The large tires are good enough to carry the extra weight in the sand.
- This cart contains bearings which makes it easy to move around even with heavy loads.
- The steel frame makes it sturdy and the 600D denier fabric makes it a durable wagon.
- Really easy to clean the cart.
- Folding the wagon and setting it up takes no more than a minute.
- Comes with 2 mesh cup holders.
- Includes warranty of 2 years as well.
- Not that great for the beach.
- You need packed sand to ease it through.
- Cart tends to trip over.
- Not really built to carry a lot of weight.
5. Mac Sports Collapsible Folding Outdoor Utility Wagon, Blue:
Mac sports brings to you a folding utility wagon with an easy setup facility and convenient storage. It comes with a nice compact design that folds into small enough size which ensures easy fitting in tight spaces. The product only weighs about 22.5 lbs which is not much at all. It comes with a metal frame that allows a maximum load of 150 lbs to carry anywhere you want. The fabric used is pretty durable and easy to clean as well. This utility wagon comes with an adjustable handle which makes transportation easy as a breeze and the 2 mesh cups can always hold your beverages securely while you are walking with the cart. As per Collapsible Wagons reviews, this is the best collapsible wagon to go for a beach or park trip, camping, or outdoor events.
- Enough storage space for a beach trip.
- Does not require any assembling.
- Definitely affordable.
- Steel made frame and quality fabric makes it easy to carry the high capacity load.
- 2 added mesh pockets to keep your cups and bottles right next to you.
- Folds easily into small size which adds to easy storage.
- Includes a carry case.
- Light in weight.
- The handle can be adjusted according to your need.
- Might not be the best choice if you are going on a beach trip.
- Fabric is not great to remove and wash.
- Transporting kids in this wagon might not be an option.
6. S2 Lifestyle Brazee Collapsible Folding Wagon Cart with Wheels:
If you are looking for a lightweight, portable, large collapsible wagon, then this particular product from S2 Lifestyle is a perfect option for you. It’s really easy to unfold and does not require any installation at all. Being light in weight you can always save a lot of energy as well. Folding it takes lesser time as well and sums up into a pretty small package that you can put in tight spaces with ease.
This wagon is built to carry around 150 lbs of weight and irrespective of whether you are going for a field trip, picnic or on the beach, you will be able to take all the necessary things with you. Apart from that, you can also choose to take this for your grocery shopping as well, and bringing all those groceries home won’t be an issue at all.
The steel frame used is rustproof and can carry a lot of weight with ease. Its durable, strong, and sturdy inbuilt, and the waterproof canvas is easy to clean too. The 360-degree rotatable front wheel also adds to its positive points as well.
- 150 lbs of weight capacity.
- Powder-coated, rustproof steel frames
- Easy to fold and keep in smaller spaces.
- As per Collapsible Wagons reviews, this is one of the best heavy-duty wagons that you can buy.
- Durable and rustproof steel frame.
- The waterproof fabric is easy to clean too.
- Front-wheel can swivel 360 degrees.
- Folds really quick and easy to transport as well.
- Difficult to maneuver in tight spots.
- Front wheels are not of great quality.
- Not that long-lasting.
7. Collapsible Outdoor Utility Wagon, Heavy Duty Folding Garden Portable Hand Cart:
This utility wagon is made out of iron and steel frame. It includes a fixed handle and rubber wheel which makes it easier to ride on the beach and road. The fabric used is long-lasting, waterproof, and durable in nature and is easy enough to clean as well.
With a capacity of 262 lbs of internal storage, it can be really a great choice for you. Folding this cart is really easy and takes a little time to expand as well. It does not require any installation of any sort. It folds into 8” thick packs that can be stored in any portable bag, car trunk, or even in the closet with ease.
This folding wagon can be used in the parks, beaches, gardens, shopping, or camping which can certainly make your life a bit more convenient. It also includes 2 mesh cup holders as well.
- Takes a few minutes to fold and unfold.
- Smooth wheels make it easy to ride through sand.
- Easy to maneuver even on loose sand.
- Anti-mildew fabric.
- Comes with a high-quality steel frame.
- Weight capacity is 150 lbs.
- Perfect to use on a different surface.
- The fabric used is durable and long-lasting in nature.
- The compact design makes it easy to store in tight spaces.
- The bottom of this wagon is not that stable.
- Takes a lot more time to fold compared to other products in the same category.
- You need to assemble the wheels separately.
Collapsible wagons are great utility items. They can help you offload heavy or bulky items that you cannot carry with ease. That is why it is best that you do not hesitate about getting one for yourself. They will not only ease your task but reduce strain and fatigue as well. So, go through our collapsible wagons reviews today and buy what’s best for you.
You May Also Like: