Best Laser Hair Removal at Home Machine Devices Reviews: Are you someone who tries to shy away from wearing clothes that show too much skin because they expose your hairy legs, arms, and back? Well, there are many like you who are forced to wear all covered clothes all year round because hair removal is often a painful and time-consuming process. Though there are numerous ways to get rid of unwanted hair, many may not be exactly up for the idea of having to wax or shave their legs, arms, underarms, bikini line, and other areas too often. It may be too much effort for the ‘lazy’ girl or downright uncomfortable. And this means that the growing hairs on your body will keep you from wearing those sizzling dresses that you keep buying for yourself.
Best Laser Hair Removal with Ratings
How to Choose the Best at Home Laser Hair Removal Device
You might be all ready to buy yourself a home laser removal machine right now, but how do you go about choosing the one that’s best for you. Well, you will have to take into consideration a few factors before you can zero in on that particular product for yourself. These considerations are important if you do not want to end up with botched results. Let’s take a look at the important factors that need to be considered while choosing the best laser hair removal machine for home:
Skin Tone and Hair Color: The first and most important consideration to be made while deciding on a home laser hair removal device for yourself is the color/tone of your skin and the hair on the area that you want to treat. The ideal combination would be fair skin and dark hair. But that’s a combination that a majority of the people do not possess. As such, not all laser devices would be suitable for people who have other skin tones and hair colors, especially dark skin and blonde or white hair. But do not fret, as now there are laser devices that can be used for all types of hair colors and skin tones, including very dark complexions. But make sure that you choose the best at home laser hair remover machine that can work effectively on your type of skin tone and hair color.
Treatment Area: While making the choice of the best laser hair removal machine for home, it is vital that you go for products that are termed safe, especially if you have to work on sensitive areas like the face, bikini areas, etc. Preferably go for an FDA-approved product to reduce any chances of a problem.
Treatment Window Size: This refers to the part of the laser device that will actually come in contact with the skin. Areas like the face need a small size window while areas like the legs require a bigger one. So, if you plan to remove hair from different areas of your body, it will be best that you go for a device that comes with changeable heads.
Flash Counts: Each device can deliver only a specific number of flashes. So, if you want to treat all or most areas of your body with unwanted hair, then it would be best that you choose a device with a very high flash count. But if your needs are quite less, devices with small flash counts should suit you as well.
Design and Operation: You are not a professional and you need a device that can give you the best results with ease. That is why it would be prudent that you choose a home laser hair removal device that is simple to operate and easy to hold (you will have to hold the device for the entire session and bulky devices can cause pain or discomfort.
Best Laser Hair Removal at Home Devices Reviews
1. Primainc Permanent Laser Hair Removal:
If you are looking for a hair removal system that can help you remove hairs from different human body parts and yet not harm your skin, then this is the product for you. From underarms to face, legs to bikini areas, you can use laser hair removal with ease and without any side effect at all. It gives you perfect, salon like feel at home and in only 8 weeks you can certainly say your hair problems good bye. Although it comes with a fixed lamp but still you can use different modes for different kind of use. If you keep on using this for longer period of time, it can surely improve your skin texture, help the pores to shrink and also enhance your skin elasticity to some extent, so you will get silky skin in no time at all. If you have a dark hair and light skin, this is the hair removal system that can suit you the most. The best part is that, it’s really easy to use too.
- It comes with the ability to use Ice compress and Skin rejuvenation synchronously. You can enjoy the 350000 flashes without having to change the cartridge holder. The LCD screen adds to a better use of the latest technology and helps you remove hair without any problem at all.
- This particular hair removal system can surely satisfy you in lesser time. According to the best laser hair removal machine for home reviews, it can show you a good result only after 3 treatments and if you keep on use this for 8 weeks, you will certainly be able to find the hair reduction percentage increasing a lot. The technology used is really effective and you can rest assured that it’s completely safe to use.
- Comes with ice compress system that helps you remove your hair without having to feel a lot of pain. Due to the fact that you can utilize the ice compress and hair removal function simultaneously, you will never have the feel of pain. And of course the ice compress will cool down the area of operation and cut down the skin damages a lot.
- This product is tested clinically and it can certainly be used for whole body. From you bikini line to legs, underarms to chest, arms to stomach, basically you can use this product for any part of your body. With this laser hair removal, you can remove your hair from even your sensitive parts while you stay at the safety of your home.
- Comes with 5 different energy settings that ensure a gentle yet effective result with every single use. According to your need you can set the energy level and it will work accordingly.
- ICE cool compress for painless hair removal
- 350,000 guaranteed Flashes
- Touch Screen LCD for better control
- 5 different energy level settings
- For now there hasn’t been any negative points noted by any of the users
2. BoSidin Permanent IPL Hair Removal Device for Women:
This laser hair removal product for BoSidin is a terrific product for someone who is willing to use a hair removal product at home. With the regular use of 8 weeks it can certainly reduce your hair growth in the unwanted areas and you can get a visible result after just 3 treatments. This particular device uses IPL technology, which is completely safe to use and can provide you effective result. With its ice cool effect, you can totally remove any sort of skin damage and also get a safe way to remove hair. With this product, you can easily have safe and effective hair removal solution right at the comfort of your home.
- This device comes with IPL technology. It targets the hair follicles and break the growth cycle using the light energy. And in the process, gives you a hair free and smooth skin with regular use.
- This product from BoSidin can be used by anyone having black, brown, or blonde hair. But in case you have light, red blonde hair, it won’t work as effectively as it should and for those having dark skin; this is not the right product to use.
- Comes with an option to adjust he energy levels so as to allow you a customized treatment.
- The device will only work as and when it comes in touch of a skin, otherwise the flash does not work.
- You can easily get a silky smooth skin without any pain in 8 weeks only, but make sure to use the device on a regular basis.
- Comes with quartz bulb which allows you to have faster pulse and reload quickly.
- It has a 180 days money back guarantee, which means if you are not satisfied with the product you can get your money back.
- Comes with 1 year manufacturer warranty as well.
- Skin touch sensor for better effectiveness
- Works on almost every type of skin and hair
- Adjustable energy settings
- 180 days money back guarantee
- Quartz bulb for quick reloads
- For some of the users it did not work properly even after 5 weeks
- Users have reportedly found some problems with the charging
3. BoSidin Facial & Body Permanent Hair Removal for Women:
If you are looking for a device that can provide you guaranteed result, then this particular device from BoSidin is the right product for you. Equipped with dermatologists’ recommended IPL technology this device can give you guaranteed results in 3 treatments only. It ensures a gentle yet effective treatment and the best part is that you get to enjoy pain free hair removal process at home. The laser hair removal device works really gently on the skin and make sure you do not have to injure any skin rashes or scar mark after the process is complete. And due to the fact that it’s really easy to use, you can opt to use it any time of the day while you are at home and you won’t need any expert advice to deal with it.
- This device is equipped with most advanced and dermatologist recommended IPL technology. This IPL technology ensures that you do not only remove hair temporarily but stops the hair growth as well. Although, IPL devices do have some limitations for those having red, blonde, white, or grey hair, but still this device can work effectively for most of the people.
- As per the best laser hair removal machine for home reviews you will get hair growth reduction in 3 treatments only
- Ice Compress head to protect your skin from burns and scars.
- Comes with an additional UV filter that works as a protecting shield for your skin while using the device.
- 5 different personalized settings for different energy requirements.
- Comes with 1 year manufacturer warranty and money back guarantee for 180 days.
- Guaranteed hair growth reduction
- Additional UV filter
- Personalized energy settings
- ICE compress head for protecting your skin
- Wait time between the flashes are really long
- Really time consuming even for smaller body parts
- Not really a good result according to some of the users
See Also: Best Epilator for Face
4. DEESS Permanent Hair Removal System series 3 plus:
Over 20 years now, IPL technology has been the most used and effective technology recommended by any dermatologist. This laser hair removal device from DEESS comes with this IPL technology and effectively gives you the best solution to hair removal problems. If you are looking for a professional product that you can use at home, then certainly this is right hair removal device for you. This device works a lot faster and is really light in weight and easy to use which makes it a perfect item to add to your home collection. It can produce guaranteed 350000 flashes at a rate of 25 flashes per minute. With large lamp window, fast flash, pain less effective result and safe technology, this is one of the best that you can get for personal use.
- This device can give you similar result at home that you can get from professional spa or a salon. And the fact that it’s smaller in design and lighter in weight makes it a perfect device to use at home.
- Within 3 months you can expect hair reduction by 90% at the least and if you keep on using the device on a regular basis, you can certainly have a permanent hair reduction right at your home.
- Although, the device comes with a hair removal lamp only, but you can buy acne or a rejuvenation lamp in case you wish to use it as a 3-in-1 product.
- Comes with 2 years warranty, guaranteed 350000 flashes and the best part is that you do not have to replace the lamp and it has no down time, or charging time, none at all
- As per the best laser hair removal machine for home reviews given by the users it can be used for multiple purposes
- Do not have to replace lamp
- 90% hair growth reduction guarantee in 3 months
- 350000 flashes for total hair removal
- Light weighted and smaller design makes it perfect for home use
- According to some users it does not provide you the level of safety it promises.
- Might leave some scar marks if not used properly
- Does not work on stretch marks
See Also: Best Hair Removal Creams
5. IPL Painless Permanent IPL Hair Removal Device System:
MLAY brings to you the most effective IPL technology in a compact design to help you get a suitable device for home. With a guarantee of 82% lesser hair in just 1 month, this is the perfect laser hair removal machine system to remove hair safely at home. Whether it’s your bikini line, face, back, leg, or arms, you can rest assured that this device will be able to remove all the unwanted hair of your skin. Apart from that, this device comes with efficient skin detection system that makes it useful for different types of skins.
- MLAY has been successfully helping women with their beauty service from their salons. Combining with their 10 years of experience, MLAY has decided to bring out the best IPL technology at your doorstep that will certainly meet all your hair removal requirements at home.
- IPL has been a long lasting and widely used technique that can surely provide you with a permanent hair removal solution in an effective and safer way.
- You can surely choose your treatment course according to your need, but according to the clinical studies, in 4 weeks it can offer you a hair free and smooth skin just like parlor. Even though you get a result in just 4 weeks of treatment, do not forget to go for a touch up on regular basis, to maintain the good result.
- If your skin color is light and hair color is dark, this is the perfect product for you. For those having blonde, red, grey, brown or black hair, this product still can work pretty well, especially if you have a dark brown, beige or white skin tone. In case you have tattoos or you have a black skin tone, this product might not be the thing that you are looking for.
- This device is perfect to remove hair from your armpit, legs, lip, and other sensitive areas like bikini area or forehead. Being suitable for almost whole body hair removal, this product can easily be used by men as well.
- With this permanent hair removal system from MLAY, you can rest assured that in 8 weeks of treatment, you can surely have effective and visible results.
- Guaranteed smooth and silky skin in 4 weeks.
- Best for whole body hair removal
- Can be used by both men and women
- Almost perfect for any type of skin tone and hair color except black skin tone
- Uses clinically proven IPL technology
- Compact design for easy use at home
- The treatment is kind of painful
- Instructions included are not that good and easy for the first timers
- Might take a lot more time than you expect
Why Should You Opt for Laser Hair Removal Treatment?
If you are tired of shaving every few days or do not want to bear the pain of waxing too often, then laser hair removal device is the ideal pick for. Though laser hair removal device may not be as simple a process as waxing or shaving, the results that it offers are incredible. What’s best is that laser hair removal ensures that you can enjoy hair-free smooth skin for several weeks at a stretch. Though the removal is not permanent, having to repeat the hair removal process once in every few weeks is indeed a great option for those who do not want to do it every few days. Moreover, the speed and hair growth is also significantly reduced after each laser hair removal session which means that the unwanted hair growth will become sparser by the day. If you aren’t quite convinced what makes laser treatment the best choice for hair removal, then let’s take a look at the various benefits that laser hair removal devices has over other methods of hair removal:
Less or No Pain: If you dread the pain that waxing, threading or epilating causes, then laser is the solution that you should try out. Why? Well, for the obvious reason that laser hair removal causes very minimum pain. In fact, the pain that laser treatment causes is so negligible that most people wouldn’t even have to think twice before getting a laser.
No Inflammation or Irritation: Another common problem that other hair removal methods like waxing and shaving can cause is skin irritation and inflammation. This can be more serious if you have sensitive skin or want to remove unwanted hair from sensitive areas of the body like the upper lip. But nothing such occurs when you go for a laser treatment. Neither are is there any need of forcefully tugging the hairs out, nor is there unnecessary friction caused due to shaving. As such, you can have hair free skin without side-effects.
Time Saver: Compared to other methods, laser hair removal device is a time saver, especially if you want to remove hair from large parts of the body like your arms, legs, back, etc. Shaving or waxing these areas and that too, every few days does, indeed, take up a lot of time which can be easily saved if you try laser. This way, you will be able to enjoy smooth skin for long without wasting a lot of time.
Cost Effective: For people who do not want to bear the embarrassment of unwanted hair at any time, hair removal is a continuous process unless you go for laser. The treatment may be semi-permanent, but offers hair-free body for much longer than is possible with other common techniques like threading, waxing, shaving, etc. As such, one-time costs may be somewhat on the higher side, but you get to save over the course of time.
No Ingrown Hairs: If you have waxed or shaved before, you may have already been warned about the occurrence of ingrown hairs. If you not quite aware, then it is important to know that hair doesn’t break surface above the skin is known as ingrown hair and can make your skin coarse. And continued shaving or waxing can lead to the growth of ingrown hairs. But when you use at home laser hair removal machine, occurrence of ingrown hair is very rare.
Ideal for Stronger Hair: Hair on the back and legs are usually much stronger than hair on other parts on the body. As such, ripping them out is very difficult and painful as well which is why laser treatments are the best for such body parts.
What Makes Laser Hair Removal at Home so Common?
Laser hair removal is, undoubtedly, the best option for anyone willing to have a hair-free, smooth skin all round the year. And thanks to the easy availability of the technology in the modern times, finding a clinic in your area for laser treatment isn’t much of a deal now-a-days. But what makes it difficult for the common people to opt for laser hair removal is the cost that the treatment entails. In the current scenario, the average cost of a session of laser hair treatment costs about $300 and the cost can increase depending on the span of the area being treated, the thickness and density of hair in that particular area and so on. Certain areas like full legs, full bikini, etc. cost much more than the average cost stated above. Moreover, most treatments would require at least 4-6 sessions to be complete, thus increasing your cost manifold. As such, the cost of getting all unnecessary hair removed could go up to several hundred dollars. The worst thing about this is that since the process is a cosmetic one, you do not get to claim your insurance which means you could end up with a hole in your pocket if you plan to go for a professional laser hair removal treatment at a popular clinic.
But do not let the cost of laser treatments be a hindrance in the path of getting smooth skin. Thanks to technology, manufacturers have been able to make laser hair removal machines for home use. They can be used at home and offer results similar to in-clinic treatments. These DIY laser hair removal machines for the home have gained popularity over the past several years and are, indeed, the best way to get a solution to unwanted hair problems at home. What makes these DIY laser hair removal treatment devices so popular are the benefits that they bring. Let’s talk about the benefits:
Cost saving: The first and the most important reason why the DIY at home laser hair removal devices are popular is that they can help you save several hundred dollars that would otherwise go in doctor’s fees and clinic charges. Why would ever spend a whole lot of money at a laser treatment clinic when you can buy the best home laser hair removal machine at just a fraction of a cost and use it whenever you want!
Convenient: Since you can now remove all the hair you want to right at your home, you do not need to bother about finding a good clinic or doctor for your sessions. There would also be no need to book appointments or follow a particular schedule. You can use your laser hair removal device any time you want to remove hair from any part of the body at the convenience of your home. Moreover, if you aren’t quite comfortable with the idea of someone looking at your privates, laser hair removal at home would be the best for you.
Easy to use: If you are worried about how you would be able to do something that only the experts at a cosmetic clinic can do, then relax. These laser hair removal at home devices or machines are so made that they can be used by practically everyone, even if they have no technical knowledge or experience in the field. All you need to do is follow the instruction manual. As such, you will be able to easily use laser hair removal devices & machines to remove unwanted hair at home.
Effective: If you aren’t quite sure about the results that you can get with home laser hair removal devices, then it’s time that you stop worrying. Modern home laser devices are developed based on the latest technology and you can get clinic-like results every time you use it. You should start seeing significant results after 3-4 sessions (preferably, 1 after every 4-8 weeks) and over a span of about six months, you should practically be hair free.
Ample choices: Depending upon the home laser machine that you buy, you get a good number of choices in terms of power, speed, etc. These options allow you to remove hair according to what your needs are. If you think that a particular setting is causing you some pain, then you can switch to a lower setting that will cause lesser impact. You can also adjust the settings depending on the area that you want to work on. You can also work on one area at a time if you feel that you do not want to devote a lot of time at one go or if there is no particular need to clean off the other areas.
Preparing Yourself for Laser Hair Removal at Home
In order to get the best benefits of your laser session, it is important that you prepare well for the treatment. Whether you are going for a clinic treatment or want to do it at home, preparing your skin for the hair removal process is a must or you may end up with unsatisfactory results of your effort. Here, we will guide you on how you can make sure that your home laser hair removal treatment gives you clinic-like results:
- If you want to use a laser device for hair removal at home, preparations should start at-least 4-6 weeks prior to the date when you want to remove the hair. It is at this time that you should start avoiding the sun and stop using products that can cause a tan. Tanned skin can make it difficult for the laser device to distinguish between the hair follicles and the skin and thus, reduce its effectiveness. Lighter is the skin tone, easier will it be to distinguish and target the hair follicles with laser. So, avoid getting tanned during the period.
- It is also important that you stay away from other hair removal processes like threading, waxing, tweezing, etc. In fact, any hair removal process that may affect the shaft and the follicle of the hair is a big no-no if you want to try out laser hair removal. If this happens, the effectiveness of the entire process will be significantly hampered and you have to repeat the process on areas that will remain untreated.
- A day or two before you plan to go for the treatment, you can shave the area(s) that you want to use the laser on. This will reduce the length of the hair follicles but will leave enough on the surface so that the laser rays can easily target them. Shaving the area a couple of days prior to the treatment is specially recommended by the expert for better results.
- If your regular skin care regime includes products that contain salicylic acid, alphahydroxy acid, benzoyl peroxide, etc., then you should avoid using such products for some time prior to the treatment date. These ingredients may irritate your skin and make it more sensitive.
- Do not apply any sort of creams, lotions, moisturizers, etc. on the area that will be treated. Make sure that you wash the area very well before you start using the laser device.
- If this is your first time, you can also use ice or a numbing cream on the area so that you do not feel the pain as much. You can also take OTC pain meds such as ibuprofen to make sure that you do not get any inflammation.
- Before you start using at home laser hair removal device make sure that you read all instructions properly. Make sure that the device suits your skin color and hair type before actually using it.
- Start using the device at the lowest setting. This would ensure that you do not get burns. If you feel that you need to make changes to get the best results, try out the other settings till you have found the right one.
- The process will take somewhere between 30 minutes to a couple of hours, depending on the extent of the area that needs to be treated. Do not hurry through. You may incur burns or leave out hairs.
- Once the process is complete, apply a soothing cream on the area that has been treated. You can find these specific creams at a drug store or buy them online.
- Do not use any other type of skin care product on the area for a day or two to prevent skin irritation.
- If possible, leave the area exposed immediately after the treatment. If that is not possible, go for loose and soft clothes to cover the area. There must be no friction in the treated area.
As you already know, multiple treatment sessions will be needed to remove all hair from a particular area. There should be an interval of 4-8 weeks between two laser treatments on the same area. The time will vary depending on the area that you are planning to treat (for face 4-5 weeks, bikini and underarms usually 6-8 weeks, legs, back, etc. about 8-10 weeks). It is suggested that during this period you avoid all other hair removal process, except shaving. Tanning is also to be avoided.
Necessary Aftercare for Laser Hair Removal Treatment
Not only do you need to take precautionary steps prior to your laser treatment, you must also take extra care of your skin after the process is complete. Apart from wearing comfortable clothing, there is much more that you need to do to ensure that there are no issues. This includes:
No Waxing or Threading: Though shaving can be done between two laser treatments, you must not try any other technique at all. This includes waxing, threading, tweezing, epilating, etc. These processes may hamper the change that has been initiated by laser treatment and trigger hair regrowth.
Avoiding the Sun: Not only do you need to avoid tanning before the treatment, but you must also avoid it during the intervals. This is important to keep your skin tone same for all treatment sessions. You must also use sunscreen every time you step out in the sun to prevent exposing your sensitive skin to the rays of the sun. Ideally, your sunscreen must have a very high SPF.
No Hot Baths: For a day or two after the treatment, make sure that you do not get into a hot bath or take steam. This can cause irritation to your already sensitive skin. Try to avoid gyming or hitting a sauna.
Using Soothers: For a few days following the area, you may feel that the area is too sensitive. As such, it is best that you keep soothing creams and cold compresses ready for frequent use. These will not only help reduce the discomfort but will also protect and nurture the skin.
No Scratching: The effect of the heat will definitely show on your skin and it may feel itchy and look red. But do not itch at any cost as it will damage the skin cells and cause scarring. Instead, try soothing and calming the area.
Frequently Asked Questions About Laser Hair Removal
Is home laser hair removal safe?
Yes. Laser treatments at home are totally safe if you use a product that is approved by the FDA. You should also follow all instructions provided by the manufacturer to ensure that you use the device correctly.
Can I get salon-like results at home?
Contrary to what many may say, laser hair removal treatment at home can give you salon-like results in a few sessions only. However hard that may be to believe, the home laser devices are made in such a way that they can give effective results with every use.
Does laser hair removal hurt?
Yes, it does. But not as much as it would if you were to wax or epilate. The pain is said to be comparable with the snapping of a rubber band against the skin which isn’t much of a problem for most. If you aren’t okay with that, you can use a numbing gel or lotion.
Can laser hair removal cause cancer?
There has been no evidence as yet to link laser hair removal to cancer. So, you can carry on with your treatments without any tension.
Are the results permanent?
Well, no. But the skin remains hair free for 6-12 months depending on the area that has been treated. You may need to touch up annually to continue enjoying the benefits for long.
How long before the hair starts falling out?
The treated hairs start falling out from Day 1. It takes somewhere between 4-10 days for the treated hair to fall out completely.
Can I shower after the treatment?
It is not recommended. You should wait for atleast 48 hours after the treatment before you take a shower to avoid irritating your skin.
Can I workout?
It is best that you do not work out for the first 24-48 hours after the treatment. This is because sweat can trigger the growth of bacteria on the skin and cause infection on the already sensitive skin.
Home laser hair removal devices and machines are a savior for those who want smooth, hair-free skin at all times without having to spend hours on waxing, tweezing, shaving, etc. or hundreds of dollars on salon laser hair removal treatments. Manufacturers have come up with a number of fantastic products in this category and all you need to do is choose the best one that you will suit all your needs and you can do away with the worry forever.
Posts You May Also Like: