Before we proceed to understand the benefits of using a toner and choosing the best toner for dry skin, let’s take a brief look at what a toner is. A toner is a skincare product that is meant to improve skin tone and nourish it. Toners are usually water-based and contain different products that help in rejuvenating and soothing the skin. Toners are good for all types of skin, but they are a must-have for those with sensitive or dry skin.
If you are on the lookout for a toner for your dry skin, it is quite obvious that you have come across various brands and products that are easily available online. In fact, the vast range of toner for your dry skin available can often put you in a dilemma and make it difficult for you to decide the best toner for dry skin within your budget. As such, toning your skin on a regular basis is very important. Once you have thoroughly cleaned your skin, it is essential to apply a toner that would suit your skin.
A toner will help replenish and nourish your skin and make sure that it stays healthy and beautiful. As such, having a good toner is vital for regular skin care regimen. So below we have listed the reviews of best toners for dry and sensitive skin.
How to Choose a Toner for Dry Skin?
Youthful skin is what everyone desires. Women and men alike would always want to have skin that is naturally beautiful. And that obviously requires care and a good amount of it. In fact, skin care is one of the most important aspects of everyone’s beauty regime, whether be it men or women. And to be true, this isn’t a one-step process. Regular skin care involves quite a few steps, starting with cleaning and finishing up with moisturizing. Each of these steps is very important, and missing out on any one of these may not give you the results as desired. However, choosing the right product for skin wouldn’t be a difficult task if you can check out the following factors before arriving at a decision:
Skin Type: The very first thing that you need to consider is your skin type. Since you have dry skin, it is essential that you choose from products that are specially made for dry skin. Using toners that do not match your skin type will not only render the entire process useless but may also aggravate your skin conditions. So, make sure that you avoid all toners that aren’t made for dry skin, however good they may be.
Ingredients: Once you have shortlisted quite a few toners that are suited to dry skin, it is now time to check out the ingredients that the products have. You need to avoid any product that contains alcohol, witch hazel, menthol, and other such products at any cost. This is because these products dry out your skin all the more and aggravate any skin conditions that you may have. Make sure that any product that you choose doesn’t have any of these products. Additionally, you should also check out whether a particular product contains fragrant extracts of essential oils, citrus fruits, rosewater, etc. These products have no benefits as a toner and simply meant to add a sweet smell to the product. A good toner for your dry skin should ideally contain antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, glycerin, ceramides, dimethicone, glycolipids, panthenol, willow herb, seaweed, and other such ingredients that will replenish, nourish, and soothe your skin. Products with such ingredients will be ideal for your dry skin.
Price: The price of the product will also be an important contributing factor to your choice. If a particular product is beyond your budget, you will surely not be able to afford it. It would be wise to go for a product that offers the best results and is affordable as well because you would need the toner regularly. So, going for an over-priced product is unwise.
Feedback: Before you actually make your final decision, make sure that you check the toner for dry skin reviews online. This will help you understand exactly how good a product is and whether it will be able to fulfill your requirements or not. This way, you will be to make an informed decision.
Best Toner Reviews for Dry and Sensitive Skin
While the above factors will surely help you arrive at a decision about the best toner for dry skin, you can save your time by going through the reviews of some of the best toners for dry skin given below. Each of these products is best suited for dry skin and will help rejuvenate your skin.
1. Lotion Yon-Ka PS by YonKa:
This particular toner is truly perfect for anyone having dry skin. Apart from having almost 99% of natural ingredients, this lotion contains a perfect blend of hydrating plants and other essential oils such as lavender and rosemary. These oils tend to purify, balance and revitalize the skin and with regular use, your skin can be beauty product ready in no time.
This lotion is not only a healthy habit for your skin; it can also help you unwind yourself. Also, due to the fact that this lotion does not contain any alcohol, you can easily use this lotion for your dry skin. This lotion is perfect to refresh, tone, and sanitize your skin that can help you get a healthy and fresh look. Because of the fact that this product is in lotion form, it makes it really easy to use as well.
- In case you have sensitive and dry skin, then this healing water can be really useful.
- This lotion can soothe and hydrate your skin and make it a lot more refreshed and also tone them as you would like it.
- With the presence of essential oils like lavender and rosemary you can expect to have an energizing effect on your senses and your skin will look replenished for you.
- If you wish to refresh your skin with different essential oils, then this versatile healing water can surely help your skin to have perfect toning, and purifying effect. With its general aroma, you can feel the energizing effect throughout your whole body.
- This particular lotion from YonKa is perfect for anyone have sensitive and dry skin. This lotion contains valuable essential oils and comes without any alcohol that not only adds to your comfort but can also help you in setting up your daily makeup or boost your skin hydration for the day.
- This lotion comes with added synergetic properties due to the presence of five different essential oils. The lavender oil adds the anti-inflammatory and calming property, while rosemary ads the toning and regenerating property. The Geranium provides the healing and analgesic property, while the Thyme can provide the all-important antiseptic property.
- Available in lotion form
- No foul smell at all
- Can be refreshing for your skin
- Perfect for dry skin
- Zero Alcohol
- Includes five different essential oils
- Might have to consult an expert before using on sensitive skin
- Fragrance might be too strong for some users
2. Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Facial Toner:
If you are looking for a toner that can help you stay hydrated even on the hottest of the days, then this toner from Neutrogena is the best choice that you can think of. This toner is completely alcohol-free and can help you keep your skin clean and fresh and hydrated. With the presence of additional purifiers, this formula can help you remove any trace of makeup or dirt from your skin and can also play an important role in unclogging your skin pores. If you go through toner for dry skin reviews you will see that this toner does not make your skin feel tight and you won’t feel any stinging sensation when you use the formula. The product is affordable too which makes it an awesome choice for anyone having dry, dull skin.
- This toner is completely alcohol-free
- This toner can refresh your skin in no time at all
- This will leave nice soft, moisture on your skin
- You get to enjoy a refreshing, clean toning every time you use this product
- No harsh chemicals to upset your skin
- The purifiers included in the formula can help your skin to stay away from impurities
- As per the toner for dry skin reviews you will never have any side effects even if you use this product on a daily basis.
- Retain skin moisture with ease
- Completely alcohol-free
- No harsh chemicals included
- Comes with added mild purifiers to improve deep cleanse
- Affordable for anyone
- Might leave a bit of residue
- The scent of the product is not that good.
- Comparatively it might not work that good as a cleanser
You May Like: best collagen cream for wrinkles
3. InstaNatural Rose Water Facial Toner:
This facial toner from InstaNatural is perfect for your sensitive, dry skin. This rosewater toner is truly pure and does not have any other harsh chemicals. This toner is made out of natural Rose Petals and does not contain any artificial fragrance that is the reason why it smells so good. This toner is naturally hydrating and leaves smooth, soft skin every time you use this toner. It keeps the pH balance of your skin perfect and can also be helpful in minimizing the pores.
In case you have skin irritation, this toner, can certainly soothe your skin. According to the toner for dry skin reviews given by the users, this product is truly one of the best that you can choose for your skin especially when you consider the fact that it’s completely natural and pure.
- Consists of natural rose water only
- Contains any harsh chemical, artificial fragrance, or fillers that might irritate your skin
- No skin irritation after applying it at all
- Due to the fact that this product mainly consists of rosewater, you can use this to treat your hair problems, refresh your skin and soothe them as well.
- Rosewater can provide a soothing effect that can help relieve your skin from sunburn as well.
- This product only leaves a soft feel, irrespective of the skin type
- This product can really become handy, especially because this can easily hydrate your skin naturally and retain your skin moisture as well.
- Contains only natural and pure rosewater
- Hydrates and soothes your skin perfectly
- If you wish to remove your makeup, you can use this rosewater toner easily
- Comes with an easy to use a spray bottle
- You only get 4 ounces for the price that you pay
- You do not have control over the sprayer
You May Like: best skin lightening creams
4. ELEMIS Rehydrating Ginseng Toner:
If you are looking for a delightful toner to start your daily routine then this toner from ELEMIS is the best that you can find. Rich with anti-oxidants and ginseng, this product is the best thing that you can choose to add to your daily routine. Ginseng, apart from being energy reviving, can also work as a moisturizing agent as well which makes it a perfect choice for anyone having dry skin.
This toner also includes cleansers like quilaja wood, Betty flower extra which makes this product capable of cleaning your clogged pores. And the added Vitamin C helps in removing oil, dirt and makeup residue to ensure a clean, and fresh skin every time.
- Perfect for dry skin
- Contains sweet Betty flower, ginseng, and Saponins
- It can rehydrate sooth and refresh your skin
- It tones your skin properly while maintaining the pH balance of your skin
- The no-alcohol formula ensures a clean, revitalized, smooth and soft skin.
- You get a hydrated and radiant complexion
- Ginseng helps effectively in reviving dry skin and hydrating
- Leaves cool and refreshed skin
- You do not need to use an additional moisturizer
- Absorbs quickly enough
- With regular use, you can surely feel your skin getting firmer
- Costly compared to other products
- Might cause irritation to particular types of skin
- Not much of quantity for the price that you pay
- Might feel sticky initially
- Better to consult with an expert before using the product
- According to some users, it stings a little in the beginning
You May Like to See: Anti Redness Creams Reviews
5. Vichy Pureté Thermale Perfecting Face Toner:
Because this toner is alcohol-free, it’s a non-drying solution for even the most sensitive skin types. This toner for dry skin helps to moisturize and fortify your skin after cleansing, leaving it plump, radiant and feeling super hydrated. Because it’s such a gentle formula, you’ll love the way your skin feels ready to accept your moisturizers, serums, and makeup. It gives you a smooth palette to work with.
This toner is infused with the Vichy Mineralizing Thermal Water. This volcanic water is mineral rich, helping to strengthen your skin’s moisture barrier to protect skin against aggressors. It helps to perfect your skin, as well as removing any traces of dirt, oil, and cosmetics.
- This refreshing formula from Vishy can help you regulate your skin complexion
- Contains shea plant extract that helps in removing skin impurities like a magnet
- Contains glycerine that can hydrate, soothe and fortify your skin
- You do not have to rinse after using this toner
- Perfect for cleansing and removing any toxins
- Alcohol-free and non-allergic to any type of skin
- Completely alcohol-free and zero harsh chemicals included
- Contains Vitamin C that protects your skin moisture
- Can be useful in removing old makeup and trace of dirt
- Comparatively costly
- Might feel awkward after the toner dries
- Comparatively a lot smaller bottle for the price that you pay
You May Like: Top 10 Anti Wrinkle Creams
6. Hydrating Toner by Murad:
If you have dry skin, then this product from Murad can be a good choice for you. The inclusion of lecithin in this toner makes it a lot more useful than any other product and when it comes with restoring skin moisture, you might not find a better product than this.
Completely alcohol-free and is capable of restoring the pH balance in your skin while cleaning the impurities from the skin surface. Its lightweight can rehydrate your skin and you get a refreshed skin with every use. As per the toner for dry skin reviews the inclusion of Chamomile and Cucumber extract has made this product one of the best to help you get a soft, calm and irritation-free skin.
- Facial Toner that can rehydrate and refresh your skin in no time at all
- Maintains your skin pH balance
- Neutralizes your skin impurities
- With this alcohol-free formula, you can certainly hope to get a hydrating, and clear skin.
- The added cucumber and peach extract makes sure to soothe your skin irritation and does not cause over-drying. Unlike other alcohol-based toners, this toner can help you fight skin again, deep wrinkles and can be effective against skin drying as well.
- Completely Alcohol-Free
- You won’t feel sticky after using
- Strong fragrance
- You may experience breakouts
- This toner includes Witch hazel
7. Facial Toner Balancing Rose + Red Tea by Acure:
This toner from Acure comes with Chamomile extract which makes it an excellent option for dry skin. Includes anti-inflammatory and antibacterial qualities that make this product perfect for your skin. This toner goes deep in your skin layers and helps in revitalizing your skin in every way possible. In case you have sensitive skin, you can easily reduce any type of irritation, inflammation, and redness instantly.
This product does not contain alcohol and is perfect to restore balance and tone your skin. This product also includes glycerin which is regarded as one of the best moisturizers. It also has rose water as an ingredient which is known for its hydration properties.
- Comes in spray tube which makes it really easy to apply
- Restores balance and enhances skin tone
- Hydrating and refreshing
- Restores skin cells quickly enough
- Can be used for any type of skin
- Completely safe to use on dry and sensitive skin
- No Paraben or Sulfate included in the mixture
- No strong Fragrance to irritate you
- Easy to apply with the spray tube
- Gets absorbed in your skin pretty quickly
- Includes Witch Hazel
- Might not work fine if you have a sensitive skin
8. Soothing & Moisture Aloe Vera Toner by Nature Republic:
According to the toner for dry skin reviews, this particular toner from the Nature Republic is perfect for your dry skin. With the inclusion of Aloe Vera, this product has become a perfect option for those looking for effective, soothing and intense moisturizing for their skin. With regular use of this product, you can certainly have a comfortable and calm skin. Any type of inflammation or redness will be gone instantly.
Due to the fact that this product is non-greasy in nature, it gets absorbed by your skin pretty quickly and you can enjoy your day with a fresh look without having to worry about sticky feeling. Although this product is suitable for even sensitive skin, still you need to talk to an expert before you choose to use on your sensitive skin.
- Soothing and moisturizing toner for your face
- Non-sticky on your skin which makes it easy to absorb
- Includes aloe-vera which is really good for your skin
- Reduces redness and any type of inflammation
- With regular use, you can definitely have a comfortable, smooth and soft skin
- Zero Paraben, Mineral Oil, Animal material, Talc, Artificial Dyes, and benzophenone
- Refreshes your skin
- Perfect moisturizer for dry skin
- Soothing for dry skin
- Includes alcohol
- Has a strong fragrance
- You might feel burning sensation while using this toner
Why do You Need a Toner?
While cleansers, exfoliators, and moisturizers commonly find their way into most people’s skin care kit, toners often fail to make their importance felt. The result? Well, your skin care remains incomplete and even though you try hard, you fail to get the nourished skin that you always look for. This is because toners are an indispensable part of any skin care routine and ignoring its use can leave your skin lack-luster. Toners help to enhance your skin texture and make it look smoother, fresher, and hydrated. In fact, any skin care treatment is incomplete without the use of a toner. They help reduce the large pores while helping you fight flaking and redness.
Not only that, toners are a great way to combat the effects of environmental pollutants, impurities, and residues that tend to attack our skin at all times. Using a toner as a part of your regular skin care routine will ensure that your skin stays protected at all times and retains its healthy look. In fact, a toner can help you in the following ways:
- It helps in restoring the skin pH balance after you have cleansed your skin.
- It helps in preventing breakouts as it absorbs excess oil and cleans the pores.
- Apart from cleaning the pores, it helps in shrinking them so that you can have an even skin tone.
- Since it absorbs the oil, it helps prevent blemishes, thus giving your skin a clean and smooth feel.
- It also aids in the complete removal of makeup residues from your skin so that your skin treatment and moisturizing formula can work well.
- It helps in the repair of your skin and gives a soothing effect.
Toner vs. Astringent
For those on the lookout for skin care products for your skin, you may have come across products that are termed as astringents. And unfortunately, many may think that toners and astringents are quite similar products. However, the truth is quite far from it. Though it is true that toners and astringents share a few common properties, they are made to serve very different purposes. Let’s take a look at how toners and astringents differ from each other:
- Toners contain products that like glycol, glycerin, etc. that are meant to nourish your skin while astringents typically contain alcohol that helps in getting rid of excess oil from your skin.
- Toners make the skin soft and ready for further treatments but astringents have no such properties.
- Toners are meant to hydrate the skin while astringents tend to dry out the skin.
- Toners have ingredients that sooth the skin, but astringents cause a tingling or burning sensation on application, especially if you have sensitive or dry skin.
- Toners, being slightly acidic, help in balancing the pH levels of your skin, while astringents lower the acidic levels of your skin.
- Toners are usually mild in nature but astringents are not.
How to Use a Toner?
Applying toner is a very easy job. You need only a couple of steps to ensure that your skin gets the nourishment that it deserves.
- Start by cleansing your face with a cleanser that is good for dry skin.
- Use warm water to wash your face and dry it off gently.
- Now, take a cotton pad and pour the necessary amount of toner onto it. Use the soaked cotton pad to apply the toner on your face, followed by your neck.
- If your toner comes with a spray cap, you do not need the cotton pad. Just spray the toner mist on your face and neck and let it settle.
- You can then carry on with any treatment that you want.
Toners can make a lot of difference in the results that you get from your daily skin care routine. Adding a good and suitable toner in your skin care kit isn’t a hard job, especially when you have the toner for dry skin reviews to help you. So, choose a toner that is ideal for you and you should see the difference it makes in a very short while.