Hypoallergenic Makeup Products: “I don’t like makeup,” said no woman ever. Whether it be a nude, professional look or a bold, party look, makeup is an indispensable part of a woman’s daily life. From a tint of color on the eyes to the rosy cheeks that men fall for, makeup plays an important role in creating any look and style that a woman desires. As such, it is quite natural for women to buy a variety of makeup products for daily as well as occasional use. However, if you are prone to allergies or have very sensitive skin, buying makeup products can be a difficult task for you. You cannot buy just about any product that seems to be a good one or you have heard great reviews about. You have to ensure that it will not cause allergic reactions or harm your skin or you may end up looking really ugly. That is where hypoallergenic makeup products come in the picture.
- How to Choose the Best Hypoallergenic Makeup Products for Yourself?
- Best Hypoallergenic Makeup Products in the Market
- What are Hypoallergenic Makeup Products?
- Can You Blindly Trust Makeup Products Labeled ‘Hypoallergenic’?
How to Choose the Best Hypoallergenic Makeup Products for Yourself?
Given the fact that all products that are marked hypoallergenic may not suit you and your skin, how do you actually buy makeup products for yourself? Well, buying makeup products for people with sensitive skin and allergies may not be a cake-walk, but if you put some effort into it, you will surely find what you need. Given below are a few points that will help you choose the right product more easily:
Know What You Need: The very first thing that you need to do before you buy any makeup product gets to know what you actually need. You may get in touch with a dermatologist and find out which chemicals or ingredients aren’t suitable for your skin. This will help you know which products to avoid, based on their composition. You can also see a doctor about your allergies and ask him which allergens to avoid. This will help you know whether you are allergic to common makeup ingredients and what you should do to avoid the allergies.
Study the List of Ingredients: Once you are aware of what will suit you and what wouldn’t, you can check out the best hypoallergenic products available online and check their composition. If you do not find a name that your doctor has prescribed against, the product will possibly suit you. Some common components that can cause allergies and adverse skin reactions are alcohol, fragrances (both artificial and natural), parabens, minerals, dyes, mercury, talc, etc. Make sure that you choose products without these ingredients.
Go Through Customer Feedbacks: Another way of ensuring that the product is what it claims to be is going through the feedback from actual users. Hypoallergenic makeup products reviews are easy to find on beauty blogs and forums and you can find out if they are actually suitable for sensitive skin. You can also ask for recommendations from people you know who have similar skin issues.
Do a Patch Test: Another way to find whether a hypoallergenic beauty product will suit you is to carry out a patch test. Many reputed brands offer free samples in very small amounts that you can order online. Apply a small amount of it in the area behind your ears and see if there are any reactions. If not, you can order the actual hypoallergenic beauty products in any quantity that you want. Patch tests are often the ideal way to make sure that you are not allergic to a particular product.
Best Hypoallergenic Makeup Products in the Market
1. BEAKEY Complete Set of Essential Makeup Kit:
This is a set of makeup brushes that includes 10 makeup-brushes, a blending sponge and an ovule-patterned brush cleaner. All these brushes are manufactured to meet the hypo-allergenic makeup criteria which are ensured with their itch-proof bristles and supple-to-feel texture. The foam included also is compatible with any hypo-allergenic beauty makeup because of the anti-latex body consistency. Apart from that, the cleaning device that comes with these brushes is of great quality too. These brushes present to you the perfect kit for application of powder, liquid and cream products, and the blender included makes sure you have a flawless look. To use this set of brushes you do not have to be a professional. You can even use them at your home. Irrespective of what kind of makeup foundation you use, you can surely find a suitable brush for your work in this set. These brushes are made with the utmost care, comes with durable handles and the soft feeling always allow you to have a smooth and natural makeup application. Apart from being latex free, the sponge included can also come handy because of its teardrop shape.
- All the brushes are made out of quality wood and the bristles are designed to last long
- The bristles are made of soft synthetic hair so that they do not harm your skin
- Easy to keep the brushes and carry them too
- Complete set of brush for your versatile use
- As per the hypoallergenic makeup products reviews, it works fine with any foundation and makes it easier for quick touchups
- The plastic container that it comes in is not of great quality
- The quality of the brushes might not be that good
- The brushes are too small
2. 3D Fiber Lash Mascara by Simply Naked Beauty:
If you are looking for quality mascara from a well-known brand then this product from Simply Naked Beauty is what you should be looking for. This product includes one DryFiber and one gel that is perfectly engineered to give you a consistent look in just 5 minutes. This product is manufactured from organic green tea tissues effectively falls under the category of best hypo-allergenic makeup kits. This mascara is tested on most sensitive eye-lids so that you do not have any issues while using them. This product is perfectly smear-proof and perspiration safe that makes it one of the better choices for the working women.
- An exceptional result for every woman even if you have sensitive eyelids
- Completely waterproof
- You get better quality than what you pay for
- Long lasting
- Perfect length and volume in less than 5 minutes of time
- The perfect combination of DryFiber and Gel to give you the best result
- Made out of completely organic, natural and hypo-allergenic products that ensure the safety of your eyelids
- Might take a bit longer to apply it
- Really problematic to remove the mascara of your eyelids
3. Aesthetica Complete Set of Essential Makeup Kit:
According to hypoallergenic makeup products reviews, this makeup kit from Aesthetica is designed to offer you perfect highlighting capabilities with the ability to define and sculpt your face to perfection. It contains 6 different creams that are blendable and can give you the perfect look that you have been looking for. Each of these kits comes with proper instructions, different face diagrams, and necessary contour mappings so that you can guide yourself to be a pro. All the six creams are packed in a travel-friendly, sleek palette that includes a mirror as well. Each of these creams are well pigmented are designed to give you the perfect highlight. Among the six different creams, 3 of them are for foundation and rest 3 are for highlighting work. With proper use of these creams, you can easily create an illusion of smaller forehead, a slimmer nose, softer jawline, and even higher cheekbones; all you need to know is find the best hypoallergenic makeup product for sensitive skin to fit your skin tone. The best part of using this hypoallergenic makeup product for sensitive skin kit is that it can almost cover every single type of skin tone. Apart from that, this kit is well tested by dermatologists, so you can rest assured that they are absolutely safe to use even if you have sensitive skin. These creams do not include any type of paraben or talc, rather they are made out of vegan elements that ensure your skin safety.
- Mainly designed to sculpting, defining and highlighting your face
- Travel-friendly and sleek in design
- High quality pigmented cream
- This cream has been tested by many dermatologists
- Non-toxic elements are used to manufacture this product
- Available in cream form which makes it easier for application
- Other than medium skin tones, this might not work well
4. 3D Fiber Lash Mascara by Mia Adora:
If you have been using cosmetics for long enough you must have come to know about MIA Adora. They are one of the top brands in manufacturing allergy free and anti-toxic cosmetic make-ups and this Fiber Lash Mascara is not an exception as well. This hypoallergenic makeup product comes as a combination of one fluidic and one dry formula that is made out of organic elements only. With the Magnifying Gel, you will be able to give your eyes the perfect length and buildup and on the other hand, the Dry Micro Fiber will help you get the 3D-styled lashes to enhance your beauty. Both products are hypo-allergenic and are completely smear-proof and built to last almost 24 hours. Basically, in case you are looking for a mascara that can allow you to volumize our spares, short and thin eyelashes, then this is the perfect product for you. With this product, you won’t need any false eyelashes and yet your eyes will look as gracious as they could be. This product is made out of microfibers from the green tea which boosts the volume and length of your eyelashes in a natural way.
- Made out of organic elements
- Enhances your eyes
- You can the perfect eyelashes
- Perfect volume and length that you might be looking for
- Irrespective of the age group anyone can use this product
- Hypo-allergenic in nature
- The dry fibers are a bit messy
- According to some users, it’s a bit gloppy
- Might take some time to apply
See Also: Best Skin Lightening Creams
5. Aesthetica Makeup Removing Wipes:
When it comes with removing your makeup it’s really important that you choose something that will not only help you remove makeup, dirt and all the pollution of your skin but also will nourish your skin to have a soothing feeling. In case you are in search of such a product then this set of wipes from Aesthetica is the perfect choice for you. These wipes contain calming elements like cucumber, chamomile, and aloe, which ensure that you have smooth and conditioned skin after you remove all the makeup and dirt from your skin. Well, since these wipes are meant to be used on your skin, they are tested by dermatologists very well in order to make sure they do not cause any type of irritation or they are not harmful to sensitive skin. These wipes are not only great for removing makeups from your skin these are also qualified to remove your eye makeup without any problem, even if the makeup is waterproof.
- Works fine on most of the makeup
- Capable of dissolving dirt and oil out of your skin to help you have a clean and fresh look
- Does not irritate your skin
- Helps in softening your skin
- You won’t be feeling tight or dry after your wipe your makeup
- Capable of removing most of the waterproof eye makeup
- Contains aloe, chamomile, and cucumber
- Packaging is travel-friendly
- You can use it on the go or at home
- The wipes are bit tiny than expected
- Might not be perfect for removing every type of make up
- The sponges are quite thin
- To wipe the mascara you will need to scrub
6. EmaxDesign 3 Pieces Makeup Blender Sponge Set:
In case you are searching for a sponge set that will enable you to find the perfect combination of makeup, then this particular hypoallergenic makeup product from EmaxDesign is the best that you can get, these sponges are latex free and anti-bacterial in nature which ensures 100% safety of your skin. This particular product comes with a versatile design that ensures you have 100% satisfaction, irrespective of the fact that you are using a primer, cream, foundation or concealer. These sponges make sure that you get the best look without any difficulties and you do not waste a lot of time as well.
These sponges are created to help you get a flawless and professional look every time your makeup. Also, these sponges are made in such a way that you do not feel any irritation while using them and also they do not cause any type of allergies even though you have sensitive skin. Since the sponges included are in an elliptical shape, it makes it a lot easier to use and comfortable too. According to the hypoallergenic makeup products reviews, these sponges are best when they are used wet, but you can also choose to use them dry if necessary. The wet sponges actually make sure that you get a soft feel while using the sponges and do not have to use a lot of product as well.
- One of the best cosmetic applications
- Versatility at its best
- Wet application is possible
- Perfect if you have a sensitive skin
- Non-toxic and anti-allergic material
- The sponge quality might not be the best that you can get
- Might not work with the foundation
- According to some users, these sponges are not soft at all
What are Hypoallergenic Makeup Products?
If you are new to the term ‘hypoallergenic’, then it should be understood that any product that is termed as ‘hypoallergenic’ is meant to less likely cause allergies or reactions than their regular counterparts. The term applies to food items, daily use items, makeup products, and many more. A product labeled ‘hypoallergenic’ is usually considered to be safe for people who are prone to allergies or unwanted reactions. These products are usually devoid of harsh chemicals that can affect sensitive skin and include natural or organic ingredients that are not likely to cause contact dermatitis or allergies. As such, if you have sensitive skin that becomes red and itchy when you use any common makeup product, then it would be wise to switch to hypoallergenic makeup products.
Not only that, but these specially made makeup products are also good for people who are allergic to common ingredients that are present in products that are commonly available online. The market for these products has significantly increased over the years as more and more people have found them to be the savior when all other popular products are not suitable for or harsh on their skin. That doesn’t, however, mean that these products aren’t suitable for women with normal skin. They can be used by anyone who doesn’t want to go harsh on their skin just for the sake of trying out a new makeup product.
Can You Blindly Trust Makeup Products Labeled ‘Hypoallergenic’?
In short, NO! Hypoallergenic makeup products are, indeed, good for anyone with sensitive or allergy-prone skin, but you have to first ensure that the product that you are going to buy is actually hypoallergenic. Yes, that’s true. Not all products that are labeled ‘hypoallergenic’ are actually what they are supposed to be. The testing for hypoallergenic products is not FDA certified or regulated and it has been often seen that many products marked ‘hypoallergenic’ contain ingredients that may cause mild to severe reactions when used by people with sensitive skin or allergies. Since the testing process is totally controlled by the brand itself, the labeling is often misused by brands to create a higher demand for their products.
Not only that, the term hypoallergenic is not absolute. It is a relative term. It means that the particular product is less likely to cause allergies or reactions when used, but there is no guarantee that it will not cause allergies at all. The best hypoallergenic makeup products usually avoid ingredients that are usually harsh on the skin or are commonly known to be allergens. That, however, doesn’t guarantee that you will not have any allergic reactions after using the product. This is because you may be allergic to an ingredient that is not commonly seen to cause adverse reactions. That is why just buying a product that is termed as hypoallergenic isn’t going to be enough to ensure that it is good for your skin.
Tips to Avoid Allergies and Skin Reactions
For women with allergies and sensitive skin, using makeup is a daily struggle. To make things easier for you, here are a few tips that will help keep allergies at bay and protect your sensitive skin as well.
- Try to choose powder makeup products over liquid. This is because liquids tend to clog the skin pores and trigger reactions.
- Do not go for waterproof makeup products. These products have ingredients that are known skin irritants.
- Use hypoallergenic brushes to apply your makeup.
- The brushes must be cleaned every day after use to prevent the buildup of bacteria.
- You can use hypoallergenic shampoo to clean your brushes.
- Make sure that the makeup brushes are stored in a clean and dry place so that they do not get infected.
- Avoid sharing makeup products and accessories with others if you are allergic or have sensitive skin.
Going after a label isn’t worth it unless it stands to its promise. That is why it is best that you choose hypoallergenic makeup product from brands that are reputed and known to offer what they promise. When you choose a product from a trustworthy brand, you are most likely not to face any issues with its use. That is why it would be worthwhile to read the hypoallergenic makeup products reviews given above and choose from the best brands available in the market.
Posts You May Also Like: