Every time you use your favorite body wash, you feel like being in heaven. After all, it creates that perfect lather, cleanses your body, and works that aromatic magic on you. You feel elated with your choice. But does your skin feel the same way too? Possibility is that it doesn’t, especially if you haven’t chosen your best pH balanced body wash carefully.
There are many buzzwords in the market when it comes to what is best for your skin; sulfate-free, paraben free, fragrance-free, and more. It is quite natural to feel confused about what is good and what is not. However, there is no denying the fact that many of these buzzwords that you hear are not just fads. They indicate products that are good for your beauty.
Once such trend that has gained momentum in the recent years are pH Balanced Body Wash. Whether it be for your skin or your hair, pH balanced products are better than others in the market. They do not alter the original pH of the area they are applied to. This means that they maintain the natural balance of oils, good bacteria, nutrients, etc.
- How to Choose the Best pH Balanced Body Wash for Yourself?
- List of the pH Balanced Body Washes with Reviews
- 1. Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash, for Sensitive Skin:
- 2. Tree To Tub – 5.5 pH Balanced Body Wash for Sensitive Skin:
- 3. The Crown Choice- pH Balanced Body Wash for Sensitive Skin:
- 4. Soothe & Cool Shampoo and Body Wash – pH Balanced with Aloe:
- 5. Tree to Tub – pH 5.5 Balanced Body Wash for Sensitive, Oily or Acne Prone Skin:
- 6. Everyone 3-In-1 pH Balanced Body Wash, Shampoo, Bubble Bath:
- 7. AQI – pH Balanced Body Wash for Men & Women:
- How are pH Balanced Body Washes Different from Others?
- How Does a Non-pH Balanced Body Wash Affect your Skin?
- Why is it Important to Use a pH Balanced Body Wash?
How to Choose the Best pH Balanced Body Wash for Yourself?
The choice of the body wash is very important if you want your skin to have the best experience. There are many pH balanced body washes in the market, but how do you buy the one that is best for your skin? Well, here are a few factors that will help you come to the right decision:
Your skin pH:
Skin pH varies between 4.0 and 6.5 and it is important to know you skin pH before to try looking for the best pH balanced body wash. You can use an at-home pH kit meant for skin to determine your skin pH. Your dermatologist can also tell you what your skin pH is by testing on a pH meter. Once you know what your skin pH is, you can look for a product that has a pH level close to your skin pH. This will be the perfect choice for your skin.
The composition of the body wash is also another factor that you should also consider. It is better to choose a product that is all natural or atleast uses very few chemicals. This will protect your skin from the effect of the harsh chemicals.
While deciding on the best body wash, you should also factor in the feedback and reviews from other customers. Many a time, products claim to be pH balanced, but that may just be a false claim. Reading the reviews of the customers will let you know if the product lives up to its promise.
Do not fall for costly traps in the name of buying pH balanced body wash products. Remember that paying a hefty price for the best pH balanced body wash isn’t the right way. Choose a product that comes with a reasonable price tag.
List of the pH Balanced Body Washes with Reviews
1. Sebamed Liquid Face and Body Wash, for Sensitive Skin:
Sebamed brings to you a quality body and face wash for people having sensitive skin. It is capable of removing surface build ups and pore-clogging liquids. It does not contain any alkali product or soap. It contains natural ingredients enriched in vitamin and moisturizers which is perfect to clean your skin pores and help you in maintaining a healthy skin as well. Due to the fact that its hypoallergenic product, it can be used by people with normal, oily or dry skin. Even if you have a sensitive skin, this liquid body cum face wash is perfect for you. It can be used as a cleansing product for patients suffering from eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc. Not only it can clean your skin pores and wounds, but also it can provide the necessary moisture as well.
This product is designed to maintain a healthy pH value of your skin which can protect you from skin disease, toxins, and infection. If you go through the pH balanced body wash reviews, you will see that this product is recommended by the expert dermatologists due to the fact that it contains essential vitamins which can nourish your skin and keep it hydrated as well. Its soothing to your skin, can be helpful in cell regeneration. Sebamed looks into the fact that their products are always chemical free and this liquid body wash is not an exception either. With no additional chemical scent, all natural ingredients this particular pH balanced body wash can surely be at the top of your list.
- Does not contain alkali
- Can be helpful in reducing acne
- Can be used as face wash as well
- Makes your skin moisturized
- Can be used as hydrating cleanser
- Hypoallergenic in nature
- Maintains pH balance of your skin
- Does not clog your skin pores
- Not really fragrance free
- As per pH balanced body wash reviews it’s not at all good for sensitive skin
- The scent is not that good for every user
2. Tree To Tub – 5.5 pH Balanced Body Wash for Sensitive Skin:
This body wash from Tree to Tub is designed to restore pH balance of your skin and provide moisture to your dry skin. It contains wild soapberry which is soothing to your skin and is enriched with natural ingredients which only have good effects on your skin. The organic soapberry is a great cleanser and this body wash ensure that you get the best result out of it. This product being free from detergents, artificial fragrance, and dyes has not side effects on your skin; instead it provides a nourished feeling and helps in maintaining pH balance of your skin. Apart from that it works fine on dry, acne prone skin and is capable of treating other type of skin issues as well.
- Nourishing and refreshing
- Contains chamomile, aloe vera, wild soapberry which is soothing to the skin
- Tested to maintain your skin pH balance
- No artificial fragrance, dye or paraben
- Comes with antibacterial and anti fungal properties
- Contains all natural ingredients
- Perfect for sensitive skin
- Moisturizes your skin and saves your skin from pollutions
- Does not include silicone, sulfate or other chemicals
- Not much lather
- No fragrance at all
- Mostly water based
- You might have skin rashes
3. The Crown Choice- pH Balanced Body Wash for Sensitive Skin:
If you are looking for a quality product that can be used for sensitive skin, then this particular pH balanced body wash from The Crown Choice can be a wonderful option for you. This product can be used to clean your hair, face, and skin as well which means this can be termed as all-in-one body wash cum soap. The main advantage of this product over other products is that, it does not have water as ingredient. So, you can rest assured that all the ingredients used are intact in quality and you can get the most out of it with regular use for sure. Since this liquid pH balanced body wash and contains aloe-vera extract, you can assume it to be moisturizing, nourishing, and gentle on your skin. Due to the presence of mild cleansers in this body wash, you can use it to clean your skin as well and rest assured that this will not irritate your skin. The most impressive part of this product is that, it’s transparent about the items used in this body wash. So, whatever the manufacturer have added to this body wash, you get to know beforehand. In case you think some of the ingredients might not be good for you, you can opt not to go for it. Apart from that, it has a nice natural scent as well. It’s relaxing and not at all irritating for any one. And since its gluten free, non-toxic, naturally derived product, you can surely mark it as one of the best environment friendly body wash.
- Nourishing and Moisturizing to your skin
- With regular use you can have clean and smooth skin
- Eco-friendly product which has no side effects
- Natural ingredients are used
- Bit expensive compared to other products
See Also: Best pH Balanced Shampoos
4. Soothe & Cool Shampoo and Body Wash – pH Balanced with Aloe:
Medline presents to you one of the best shampoo cum body wash. This pH balanced body wash is perfect for everyday use. Its gentle on your skin, can be used effectively for cleansing and conditioning. According to the pH balanced body wash reviews it has a nice natural scent which leaves your skin and hair clean and fresh every time you wash. Both the body wash and shampoo is rich in Aloe Vera which is known for its nourishing property to the skin and can be good for soothing your skin.
- It comes in a flip-top bottle
- It has a nice scent
- Can be used by patients
- Does not fed hair color
- Can be used as a shower gel
- Not that costly
- Can be used by people with sensitive skin
- Good for eczema
- The body wash does not create enough lather
- The labeling is bad
See Also: Best pH Balanced Face Wash
5. Tree to Tub – pH 5.5 Balanced Body Wash for Sensitive, Oily or Acne Prone Skin:
Another quality body wash from Tree to Tub with all natural ingredients. This product is perfect for any one with acne prone, oily or sensitive skin. If you are looking for a body wash that can help you with radiant and healthy skin, then this pH Balanced body washes from Tree To Tub might be a good choice for you. This body wash is made out of soapberries which maintain the pH balance of your skin naturally instead of using harsh chemicals which can have bad effects on your skin. Not only that, it can protect your skin from getting oily, help in removing acne as well. Even if you have psoriasis, eczema, or any other skin problems, this body wash can be a good solution to that. Along with organic soapberries, this body wash is enriched with Cucumber, Aloe Vera, Shea Butter, Chamomile, etc which are natural and good for skin.
If you wish to have a soothing and hydrated skin, all these ingredients are the perfect answer to your problems. This is indeed an unscented formula. It does not include any artificial scent; instead it has a mild natural lavender scent which can be relaxing for anyone using this body wash. Being free from SLS, silicone, parabens, sulfate, gluten or other harsh chemicals, this body wash can be used by most of the people and you can rest assured that with regular use, you will be able to get a healthy skin for sure.
- This body wash is made out of quality soapberry
- Product is ph balancing
- Natural antifungal and antibacterial property
- Includes aloe vera which rehydrates your skin, Shea butter for moisturizing, chamomile for calming and cucumber for soothing
- Light peppermint scent can refresh your mind
- Hypoallergenic in nature so anyone with sensitive skin can use this
- Perfect for people with psoriasis, eczema or other skin disease
- No gluten, silicone, paraben or sulfate products included
- Smell is bad
- One of the expensive products
- Not much foam
- No peppermint scent
- Skin might feel dry
- It might make your skin itchy
See Also: Best pH Balanced Cleansers
6. Everyone 3-In-1 pH Balanced Body Wash, Shampoo, Bubble Bath:
Looking for a natural body wash enriched with essential oils? Then this fragrant free, gentle 3-in-1 soap from Everyone is the right choice for you. This body wash is designed to fit all your family needs and any one irrespective of men and women can use this. This product is perfect for versatile use as it can be a perfect soap for bubble bath, shampoo, shave gel, shower gel and body wash as well. Due to the fact that it’s made out of essential oils, calendula, aloe vera, chamomile, white tea and other vitamin rich natural ingredient, it comes with a nice natural scent. All these organic ingredients are good for your skin and can truly be used as a good cleanser as well. And the most important part of using this body wash is that it does not have any synthetic fragrance, color or any other harsh chemicals that can have ill effects on your skin.
- You get what you pay for
- High quality product
- Does not dry your skin
- Nice natural smell
- Gentle on your skin
- Artificial fragrance free and no chemical added either
- Soothing to the skin
- contains essential oils which are good for your skin
- After wash does not feel like you are clean
- According to the pH balanced body wash reviews this product is not really unscented
- You might feel itchiness after wash
- Not good for sensitive skin
7. AQI – pH Balanced Body Wash for Men & Women:
Wish to keep your skin fresh and hydrated all day long? AQI brings to you sensational body wash perfectly engineered for dry, itchy, and sensitive skin. It contains organic ingredients which are known to be soothing and moisturizing to all types of skin. Its natural ingredients clean and hydrate your skin to ensure a soft and smooth skin. This gentle body wash is designed to protect your skin from any kind of irritation, skin rashes, and skin diseases as well. Whether you have sensitive, itchy, or dry skin, this body wash can be a good choice for you. Since it has no harsh chemical or artificial fragrance, you will never have any side effect even if you use it on regular basis. And due to the same reason, it can be used by your children as well adults without any problem. If you wish to have a nourished, fresh skin, this is the best body wash for you.
- Unique blend of natural ingredients
- Can be used as cleanser for your skin
- Natural scent
- No artificial scent is included
- Enriched with essential oils and other nourishing ingredients
- Moisturizes your skin and nourish it properly
- Can be used for dull, dry skin
- With regular use you can have glowing, smooth and soft skin
- No harsh chemicals included
- No side effects even after regular use
- People with sensitive skin can use this body wash
- No alkali or soap
- No sulfate, mineral oils, parabens, Cocamide, artificial color, Triethanolamine, included
- The pump is not of good quality
- Might make your skin dry
- Smells like medicine
How are pH Balanced Body Washes Different from Others?
Before we delve deep to understand how pH balanced body washes are good for us, it is important to understand what pH is and why it is important to maintain our skin pH. pH is an indicator of acidity or alkalinity of a substance and the ratio can be anywhere between 0-14. At 7, the ratio is equal and the substance is regarded as neutral. Anything below 7 is acidic while anything above is alkaline.
Now, the average pH of our skin is 5.5 and it can range anywhere between 4.0 and 6.5. This means that our skin is slightly acidic in nature. This is due to the Acid Mantle that our body creates to protect the skin from harmful pollutants, bacteria, and more. On the other hand, most body washes and soaps have a pH more than 7. In many cases, the pH is as high as 10-12 which indicates that they are highly alkaline.
The use of such alkaline body washes can give you a squeaky clean feeling but that is because they have penetrated the acid mantle of the skin. They react with the acidic content of the mantle and neutralize them, so that they can be washed away along with dirt, grime, and sweat.
pH balanced body washes, on the other hand, are acidic in nature. So, they do exactly what they should be doing – cleaning up your body without robbing your skin of its protective layer. Naturally, they are good for your skin.
How Does a Non-pH Balanced Body Wash Affect your Skin?
Do you love the way your body wash makes you super clean? Well, your skin may not like it. In fact, non-pH balanced body washes clean your skin too much, so much so, that it even starts losing its acid mantle – the protective layer that keeps the skin nourished, healthy, and free from harmful germs. When you use a non-pH balanced body wash, you may upset the pH of your skin. This can make your skin
- Tight and prickly
- Dehydrated and sensitive
- Irritated and flaky
All these happen because the pH balance of skin has been disturbed. You may feel that having tight skin is good as it eliminates wrinkles and fine lines. That, however, is contrary to the truth. Too tight skin will cause premature aging, peeling and flaking, and fine lines. This happens because a non-pH balanced body wash strips your skin of all the essential oils that it needs to remain hydrated and youthful. And since the pH of your skin has been disturbed, it fails to secrete the oils that form the acid mantle. This can be easily avoided by using the best pH balanced body wash.
Why is it Important to Use a pH Balanced Body Wash?
If you love yourself, never use a body wash that is not pH balanced. Your skin will not like it and you will surely regret your decision. Switching to a pH balanced body wash may not seem like much, but it will make all the difference in the world for your skin. When you use a body wash that is pH balanced, you will see that your skin feels
- Hydrated and moisturized.
- Soft, supple, and comfortable.
- Young, healthy, and resilient.
This is because the best pH balanced body wash will do the following for your skin:
- It will maintain the natural pH levels of your skin.
- It will cleanse the dirt and grime without affecting the acid mantle.
- It will retain the important natural oils that make the skin supple and healthy.
- It will not affect the good bacteria that stay on your skin so that they can keep germs at bay.
- It will keep irritation, flakiness, etc. at bay.
As you can easily understand, the use of a body wash that is pH balanced will be the best choice for your skin. It will maintain the natural texture of your skin while keeping your body clean.
Your skin is an important organ and it deserves only the best, even if that means forgoing your favorite body wash. Using the best pH balanced body wash will help maintain your skin’s natural balance of oils and good bacteria while giving you the immaculate cleansing that you yearn for. Just make sure that you choose the right product for yourself and you will thank yourself in all the time to come.
You May Also Like: