Who doesn’t love the flawless, youthful face that can turn heads? In fact, most women use a variety of skincare products to get that ultimate beautiful look. From religiously following their CTM routine to using sun blocks, anti-tans, serums, and more, most women invest a good portion of their income into skincare products, especially facial care products. But often all these fail to prevent breakouts, acne, inflammation, etc. If you have experienced the same and are wondering where you went wrong, then here is what you need to know. It isn’t you alone; millions of other women face the same situation. But the question is why? Well, the answer lies in the pH of the skincare products that you use. If you have used products that aren’t pH balanced, then this is what has been causing problems. Our skin has an acidic pH and anything that disturbs this pH puts the skin at risk. The main culprit, in this case, could be your favorite face wash that you diligently use twice a day. Every day you expose your facial skin to the chemicals that can strip off all-natural oils from the skin and lead to rashes, infection, age lines, and more. So, it is important that you switch to the best pH balanced face wash.
- How to Choose the Best pH Balanced Face Wash for Yourself?
- 10 Best pH Balanced Face Wash with Reviews
- 1. Daily Exfoliating and Brightening Face Wash by pH Glow:
- 2. Facial Cleanser Made With Organic & Natural Ingredients:
- 3. Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash | Anti-Aging Formula:
- 4. EltaMD Foaming Facial Cleanser, Gentle, Oil-free Face Wash:
- 5. Sensitive Skin Care Cleanser Chamomile & Cucumber by Face n Earth:
- 6. RAYA Mint Soufflé Facial Cleanser 8 oz (102) | pH Balanced Face Wash:
- 7. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Face Wash Cleanser:
- 8. Wild Naturals Face Wash, With Organic Aloe Vera + Manuka Honey:
- 9. LEMYKA Eczema face wash, Gentle Acne Cleanser Ideal for Sensitive Skin:
- 10. PCA Skin Facial Wash:
- How is pH Balanced Face Wash Different from Others?
- How does a Non-pH Balanced Face Wash Affect your Skin?
- Why is it Important to Use a pH Balanced Face Wash?
How to Choose the Best pH Balanced Face Wash for Yourself?
Switching to pH balanced products for your skin isn’t difficult especially when there are dozens of products that are labeled as pH balanced. However, you must put some effort into choosing the right product for yourself. After all, your skin deserves only the best. So, here’s what you need to consider before buying a pH-balanced face wash:
Skin pH: While the average skin pH is 5.5, it may vary from 4.0 – 6.5. It is essential that you find out what your skin pH is before you buy a face wash for yourself. You can buy yourself an at-home kit to know your skin pH. A dermatologist can also help you in this. Once you have determined your skin pH, you can look for products that have the same pH or something close to it. The smaller the pH difference, the better it is for your skin.
Content: The ingredients of the face wash that you are about to buy is also important. Try to buy a face wash that mostly uses natural ingredients. The best pH balanced face wash should be paraben-free and SLS free to avoid any side-effects on your skin.
Price: Before buying a product, check its price. Price is not always a measure of quality. Costly products aren’t always better. It is best to choose a product that gives good results and fits your budget. That way you will be able to use the face wash without affecting your pocket.
Reviews: Since you are about to try a new product, it is best to go through the customer reviews. It will tell you whether the product is good or not. Many products may be labeled ‘pH balanced’. However, not all can stand up to the claims they make. So, it is best to know before buying whether a face wash is actually what it claims to be.
10 Best pH Balanced Face Wash with Reviews
1. Daily Exfoliating and Brightening Face Wash by pH Glow:
This gel-based cleanser from pH Glow gently washes your skin impurities and exfoliates all the dead skin with ease. It does not harm your skin while cleaning all your skin pores. With regular use, you can get nice, soft, healthy skin in no time at all. This face wash moisturizes your skin and nourishes in such a way that it maintains a nice pH level and keeps your skin hydrated as well.
- Perfectly formulated to nurture, cure and heal your skin
- Hydrating and nourishing
- Works as antioxidant
- Exfoliates your skin naturally
- Clears all excess oil and dirt and clean your skin pores as well
- Fresh and clean skin every time you use the face wash
- Includes Vitamin E, A, and C that nourishes your skin
- Moisturizes your skin
- No added chemicals, SLS, paraben or sulfates included
- Might not heal your skin effectively
- Does not work well as an exfoliating face wash
- Does not smell good at all
2. Facial Cleanser Made With Organic & Natural Ingredients:
Christina Moss Naturals brings to you one of the best natural pH balanced face wash that you can buy. With this organic face wash, you do not have to worry about wasting a lot of money. Instead, you can rest assured that a little drop will do the trick for you. It’s not only nutritious and rich in natural ingredients, it is formulated to nourish your skin, clean the skin pores, and offer a smooth, bright skin. If organic is what you like the most, then this is the best product for you. With all the important essential oils and other oil extracts, you can always expect your skin to look healthy and beautiful.
Due to the fact that it has mostly organic ingredients you might be able to use this face wash for all types of skin. It contains coconut oil, sunflower oil, and olive oil, which makes your skin soft, and smooth, while the presence of shea butter, rosemary, and aloe vera extract makes your skin nourished and heal the skin pores. It does not make your skin dry or allow skin pores to get clogged with dirt and excess oil. Also, it does not have any harmful chemicals and comes in a biodegradable bottle as well. Overall this is one of the best pH balanced face washes that you can buy.
- Perfect for people with acne-prone and sensitive skin
- Long-lasting effect
- Does not make your skin dry at all
- All-natural ingredients
- As per pH balanced face wash reviews it has no side effects at all
- Somewhat expensive
- Might take a bit longer to rinse the residue
- The scent might not be the best
3. Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash | Anti-Aging Formula:
If you are looking for a gentle face wash then this particular soap-free face wash might be your best choice. With the presence of AHA, it is able to remove dirt, excess oil, and makeup from your skin with ease. AHA is naturally found in lemons and oranges which can be used to tone your skin and purify skin pores as well. Apart from that AHA can be good in restoring pH balance in your skin as well. Removing heavy makeup without causing harm to your facial skin is always difficult. With this face wash at your disposal, this might be a little bit easy for you and most certainly you can hope to get smooth, improved, bright skin.
As per the pH balanced face wash reviews, this skin product is formulated to perfection to ensure zero harm to facial skin, yet work clinically to help people get healthy skin, and most importantly all these are done using natural ingredients which do not have any kind of side effects. This is an anti-aging formula that combines nutrients and vitamins together to get the best soothing, moisturized, and smooth skin. You can use this face wash to remove your stretch marks, wrinkles, and facial lines as well. Applying this face wash is really easy too. You have to massage your face with the face wash and wash your face with warm water and you are done.
- A gentle, affordable and high-quality cleanser
- Leaves a nice fresh and smooth feeling
- pH balanced to improve your skin texture
- Perfect to remove dirt, makeup, and oil
- No residue after wash
- Does not make your skin itchy or dry
- No artificial fragrance
- Smells really bad
- For some, it might not work well enough
- For some type of skin, you might feel a bit of dryness as well
4. EltaMD Foaming Facial Cleanser, Gentle, Oil-free Face Wash:
When it comes to face wash it is really important that you choose the one with less oil, zero sulfates. This is exactly why you need to buy this face wash from EltaMD. With this foaming facial wash, you can always stay oil-free and fresh. Also, the presence of amino acids and other cleansing enzymes make it really easy to make your skin dirt and oil-free and remove all the impurities from your skin pores. If you are looking for a face wash that can not only clear your facial skin but also heal, this is the best possible choice that you can come up with. Even with regular use, you won’t be feeling any kind of dryness or itchiness. And most importantly it does not have any side effects as well.
This face wash is designed to be perfectly pH balanced and is capable of reducing inflammation and aging signs. This face wash is gentle enough to use on sensitive skin and you can choose to use it twice every day at the least. As per pH balanced face wash reviews, you can use this face wash on any type of skin and rest assured that it will be able to keep the moisture on your skin without any additional moisturizer as well. With regular use of this face wash you can see a new glow on your face, and improvement in skin tone as well.
- Nice foaming quality
- Easy to apply
- Offers even cleaning for your facial skin
- It makes your skin soft and hydrated
- Contains essential amino acid and enzyme
- No paraben or added sulfate
- No harmful oil
- The cleanser gets foamed really quickly which means it might clog the bottle every time you use it.
- Might not work well on hard make up
5. Sensitive Skin Care Cleanser Chamomile & Cucumber by Face n Earth:
Face n Earth brings to you one of the best face cleansers for sensitive skin. With regular use, you can get gentle, smooth and clear skin. It’s capable of removing your dead cells and does not cause any kind of dryness or redness, itchiness, or inflammation. If you are used to using a lot of makeup, this face wash is the right choice for you to remove that kind of makeup. It soothes your skin and leaves a nice calming effect on your sensitive skin. With regular use, you can easily have a revitalized, radiant, and cool facial skin.
This face cleanser contains no harmful chemical or added paraben compounds that might hurt your facial skin. With absolutely no side effects and all-important natural ingredients, it might be the best choice as your face wash. If you check with the ingredients used in this face wash, you will see that mostly they are natural and do not contain any sulfur products as well. All these products work towards maintaining a nice pH balance on your facial skin while offering you a healthy and fresh feeling.
- Formulated to offer pH balanced result
- Works on oily and sensitive skin types
- Removes oil, dirt and grimes gently
- Does not make your skin dry
- Has a calming effect on your skin
- No rash or redness even after regular use
- Refreshing to your skin
- Nourishes and revitalizes your facial skin
- No SLS, paraben or detergent added to the product
- Smells like it has chemical ingredients
- Might not work for all types of skin
- Not that natural compared to what you expect
See Also: Best Low pH Balanced Shampoos
6. RAYA Mint Soufflé Facial Cleanser 8 oz (102) | pH Balanced Face Wash:
Mint Souffle is one of the best pH balanced, a mild facial cleanser that works fine for almost every type of skin. Whether you have oily skin or sensitive skin, you can use this face wash without any problem at all. It does not cause irritation and is formulated to be a deep cleanser. It comes with a nice mint scent along with a soufflé like a smooth consistency. It’s capable of removing impurities, dead cell build-up, and pore blockages. It has an antibacterial effect on your skin and gives your face a nice smooth complexion as well. You can even use this face cleanser as a shaving cream as well. With the presence of Sage, Horsetail extract, Thyme, and focus, you can expect a clean, rejuvenated skin with regular use of this face wash.
- No irritation or dryness after use
- Deep cleansing property
- As per pH balanced face wash reviews, it can work perfectly for normal to oily skin types
- Smooth and clear and improved complexion with every use
- Contains aloe Vera that soothes your skin
- Mint offers you cooling effect
- No paraben or harmful chemical added
- Contains natural ingredients for improved facial skin
- PH balanced formula
- Removes impurities and dirt from skin pores
- As of now, no negative effects are found
7. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Face Wash Cleanser:
La Roche Posay brings to you a soothing skincare solution for those having sensitive skin. Being recommended by dermatologists, you can always expect it to be one of the best in the category. It is developed with quality ingredients that can cause no allergy, irritation to your skin. Also, its fragrance-free and does not contain any paraben as well.
This is one of the best foaming cleansers that is formulated to offer you fresh, comfortable, and clean skin. It removes dirt, excess oil, and makeup from your skin and is good enough to clean your skin pores as well.
- Zero soap
- No sulfate products
- No oil
- No added fragrance
- No allergy-prone ingredients used
- No paraben
- Clears your skin pores, removes excess oil, dirt and other impurities
- Recommended by dermatologists to use on sensitive skin
- Might make your skin dry
- Has a chemical like feeling
- Not moisturizing at all
8. Wild Naturals Face Wash, With Organic Aloe Vera + Manuka Honey:
In case you are looking for a face wash that will not only be able to maintain your skin pH balance but also will offer you the kind of cleaning you always wanted, then this particular natural face wash is the right choice for you. This face cleanser is designed in such a way so that it does not strip any kind f nutrients or essential oils from your skin. It contains the amino acid, all important minerals, vitamins, and honey. Manuka Honey is well known for its healing properties and this particular face cleanser claims to have Manuka honey to heal your skin damages. Apart from that, it has antibacterial properties as well which ensure that you do not have to face any kind of irritation or itchiness while you use this face wash on a regular basis.
It’s absolutely chemical-free. It does not have SLS, sulfate, added fragrance, sodium chloride, phthalates, dyes, or any other harsh chemicals that might affect your facial skin. This cleanser is perfect to use for men and women both and is completely cruelty-free which means they are not tested on any animal Clears skin pores, reduce redness or skin irritation, capable of cleaning dead cells. The presence of Aloe Vera ensures that you have a smooth, soothing, and clean face every time you wash.
- Keeps your skin pH level at 5.5
- Works fine on sensitive skin
- Good for babies as well
- Comes with aloe vera extract which ensures smooth and soothing skin
- No paraben, SLS, sulfate products added
- No alcohol, dye, or any other harmful chemicals
- Zero chemical fragrance
- Works for those with oily and dry skin as well
- Not the best quantity
- Looks cheap
- Might not be suitable for every type of skin
9. LEMYKA Eczema face wash, Gentle Acne Cleanser Ideal for Sensitive Skin:
With all-natural ingredients, this particular face wash is formulated to maintain your skin pH level balanced. It’s hypoallergenic in nature and is perfect to use for those having sensitive, dry or acne-prone facial skin. This cleanser from LEMYKA is formulated in such a way so that it does not make your skin dry even if you are using the product on a regular basis. It’s capable of removing excess oil, dirt from your facial skin, and effective to clear your skin pores. With regular use, you can expect to have hydrated, soft, smooth and clear skin. As per pH balanced face wash reviews, you can use this product as your daily hand, face, and neck wash.
Its creamy foam allows you to clean sweat, dirt build-ups and deep makeups to clean in no time at all. It does not cause any kind of itchiness or skin rashes and is good to soothe your skin too. Since it does not contain any chemical, paraben or chemical fragrance, you can rest assured that you will never feel any discomfort after using this face wash. More importantly, its completely vegan, cruelty-free, biodegradable, and comes with a money-back guarantee as well.
- Contains Aloe Vera which works to heal your facial skin
- Reduces redness and bumps
- Gentle on your skin
- Hypoallergenic in nature
- Calendula makes sure that you feel no irritation or inflammation
- Soothes your skin and remove any kind of chance of rashes
- Hydrating and nourishing to your skin
- Natural ingredients ensure that you can use this product even if you have sensitive skin
- As per pH balanced face wash reviews, no negative impact on facial skin is yet found while using this product
10. PCA Skin Facial Wash:
This facial wash from PCA SKIN is one of those cleansers that not only eliminates excess oil, makeup, and dirt from your skin but also makes your skin soft and smooth. It is capable of rejuvenating your skin and maintaining a nice pH level as well. It’s formulated to suit sensitive, acne-prone, and normal skin. It does not have any paraben or other harsh chemicals that can cause irritation or redness. It contains aloe vera extract and allantoin which ensure a soothing, fresh, and clear skin every time you use this face wash. More importantly, it is capable of removing impurities, hydrating your skin, and clear your skin pores as well.
- Exfoliates and hydrates your skin
- Does not make your skin dry at all
- Soothes your skin
- No chemical fragrance
- No synthetic dye
- Absolutely cruelty-free
- Contains lactic acid that moisturizes your skin
- Aloe vera offers a calm and soothing feeling
- Allantoin works as an antioxidant
- For some users, facial skin might feel a bit rough after use
- This product might have some side effect for some type of skin in particular
How is pH Balanced Face Wash Different from Others?
PH balanced isn’t just another buzzword used by skincare companies to boost sales. Using a pH-balanced face wash is actually important if you do not want to harm your skin’s natural oil balance. Before you understand how a pH-balanced face wash is good for your facial skin, it is essential that you know what pH is and how your face wash can affect your skin pH. If you have taken chemistry classes in school, you already know that pH represents the alkalinity or acidity of a substance and it can range between 0 and 14. Any substance with a pH below 7 is termed acidic and anything above 7 is alkaline. At 7, a substance is said to be neutral.
The skin has an average pH of 5.5, and thus, it is acidic. The acidic nature of the skin is because of the acid mantle that forms the protective covering of the skin. The acid mantle guards against environmental pollutants, bacteria, etc. Disturbance in the acid mantle can lead to skin breakouts, inflammation, etc. This is exactly what happens when you use non-pH-balanced face washes. Most common skincare products are alkaline in nature while some are very acidic.
These products can ‘clean’ your skin thoroughly but they also remove all-natural oils and sebum that layer the skin. This is because alkaline products react with the acidic skin mantle and wash away natural oils along with dirt. However, when you use the best pH balanced face wash, you do not have to worry about your skin mantle being disturbed. Since the pH of such products is very close to the skin pH, they clean your face without harming the acid mantle. That is why they are best for your skin.
How does a Non-pH Balanced Face Wash Affect your Skin?
You may love the way your skin feels all tight and clean after you use your face wash. However, your skin may not feel the same way. A non-pH balanced face wash may give you that tight feeling, but your skin loses the natural oils that keep the skin healthy and nourished. Moreover, the good bacteria that reside in this acid mantle are also washed away which exposes your skin to the attack of germs. Use of a non pH-balanced face wash may cause the following skin problems:
The main cause of these problems is the pH imbalance caused due to the use of known pH balanced face wash. The body needs time to replenish the oils lost due to cleansing and the acid mantle cannot be restored quickly. This leaves the skin extremely dry and tight. Too tight skin can trigger the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and other signs of aging while dry skin steals the skin’s natural youthfulness. Moreover, in the absence of the acid mantle, the skin becomes exposed to germs that can cause a variety of skin issues.
Why is it Important to Use a pH Balanced Face Wash?
If you want to take good care of your facial skin, make sure that you shun non-pH-balanced face washes today. These are harmful to your skin and will put all your efforts into vain. Using pH balanced face washes can make a huge difference to your skincare regime. They can keep your skin:
- Supple, soft, and comfortable
- Moisturized and well hydrated
- Healthy and young
The best pH balanced face wash will
- Remove all grime and dirt without affecting your skin’s acid mantle.
- Maintain skin pH level.
- Retain the body oils that keep the skin healthy and supple.
- Retain important skin bacteria that combat germs.
- Prevent flakiness, irritation, etc.
Naturally, the use of a pH-balanced face wash is the ideal choice for your facial skin. It will help clean your face without any adverse effects.
Finding the best pH balanced face wash isn’t very difficult. You can simply choose one from those reviewed above. They have been tried and tested and have good feedback. You can rely on them for a natural, healthy look.
You May Also Like: