Best Under Sink Water Heaters Reviews: Do you live in an area that sees low barometer readings all throughout the year? Or do you face harsh winters every year? Whatever may the situation be, warm water is a blessing to anyone living in the colder temperatures. Whether it be for bathing, cooking, washing, or cleaning, warm is a must have when the temperatures start falling rapidly. That is why using central water heaters are very common in most households. In fact, that is indeed a necessity in the colder months.
But what happens when you need only a small amount of warm water, like for washing your hands after returning home? Do you start your central water heating system that heats up a whole lot of water at a time? Well, you could do that considering that you would use the heated water later for some other use. But that would mean keeping the system running and using up a lot of electricity in the process. This is exactly when you need a point-of-use heater that could heat up just the amount of water you need and waste no extra energy. An under sink water heater is the best choice for such uses. It will provide you warm water whenever you need without the worry of wasting energy on heating excess water.
Best Under Sink Water Heaters with Ratings
What to Consider Before Buying an Under Sink Water Heater?
Under sink water heaters is the craze of the age, and not for nothing! The benefits it offers are indeed numerous, which is why people are eager to buy them. And to keep up with the demands of the people, manufacturers have introduced into the market a number of under sink models that come with a wide range of features and at varying prices. But how to make sure that you get the best under sink water heater for your home? Well, there are quite a few considerations to make before you make the decision. Under sink water heaters may not seem like much to you, but when chosen correctly, they can make things a way lot more convenient and cost-effective for you. That is why, you should take out some time to ponder over the following points and then, make a choice.
1. Fuel Source: Under sink water heaters can run on different types of fuels like propane, natural gas, or electricity. However, while choosing a model for your home use, you will have to consider which fuel source is easily available to you and would also be cost-effective for you. This will ensure that you do not face any issues in having the proper energy source for your new water heater.
2. Capacity: If you are buying an under sink tank water heater, then this is the next important factor to consider. The size of the tank must be big enough to satisfy your hot water needs. If the tank is small, it wouldn’t be able to supply as much water as you need at a time for your household, and if it is too big, you will end up unnecessarily heating up a lot of water that you may not need. However, if you are going for a tankless model, then you needn’t worry about this.
3. Size: This one, too, is for the tank type under sink water heaters. If you are buying one, you have to make sure that the entire thing can fit easily under the sink that you may have in your kitchen, bathroom, or any other area of the house. Make sure that you measure the area that you have under the sink before selecting a model.
4. Energy Rating: Saving energy means saving money and to do that, you will have to make sure that you buy a model that has a higher energy rating. In fact, the higher the energy rating, the more energy efficient will the water heater be. A more energy efficient heater will be able to heat up more water with lesser energy consumption. This will help lower your monthly energy consumption bills.
5. Safety Features: Before you decide the best under sink water heater for your home, it is essential that you that carefully check that the model comes with the necessary safety feature. This includes but is not limited to automatic shutdown, amperage draw, etc. that will ensure the safety of your home. You may also look for any other feature that may seem necessary to you.
6. Incoming Water Temperature: The temperature of the water that is supplied to your home will obviously vary from place to place. If the temperature of the incoming water is closer to the temperature that you require for use, then the water heater will have to heat up the water only to a small degree. But if the incoming water temperature is quite low, then the water heater will have to heat up the water by several degrees which means that the water heater that you buy will have to be able to instantaneously heat the amount of water to the preferred temperature. This is a very important factor to consider while buying an under sink water heater. If the heater that you buy isn’t able to heat water as required, you will end up wasting water as well as time and money.
7. Installation: Unless you are ready to pay for the services of an expert plumber, it will be ideal to look for a model that you can install yourself. You should also check out whether the manufacturers provide detailed installation manual for DIY installation. This will help avoid unnecessary expenses.
Best Under Sink Water Heaters are Listed Below
1. InSinkErator H-HOT150SN-SS Invite Under Sink Water Heater:
If you have ever used any of the models from Invite series, then this new HOT150 hot water dispensing unit can really surprise you. Along with 2/3 Gal. of capacity, stainless steel tank, this is truly one of the best under sink water heaters that you can get. It can allow you at least 60 cups of hot water in an hour. In case you have a modern looking kitchen design, it can certainly fit in nicely with its modern design and Satin Nickel finish.
- Stainless steel tank with an instant hot water system
- 2/3 Gal of tank capacity
- Water flow and heating is consistent
- Comes with a 1-year warranty
- Good temperature control
- Tank connection is easy
- Anyone can install this unit
- Temperature can be controlled in the range of 160-210 F
- Comes with valve cartridge
- It’s completely resistant to tarnishing and corrosion
- Comes with a satin nickel finish that allows you to fit the unit with any kind of kitchen design that you have
- Single button system activation
- The capacity is quite high
- Customer service is always ready to help you
- Installation is really easy
- Simple to operate and easy to use
- According to under sink water heater reviews it’s quite durable
- It does not have any special filtration system
2. Camplux ME25 Mini Tank Electric Water Heater:
ME25 from Camplux is another quality point-of-use water heater that comes with a 2.5 Gal mini tank. You can fit in this kind of heaters under your basin or sink according to your need. Whether it’s your garage, attic, kitchen, wet bar or even if you are traveling on an RV, you can think of installing this particular water heater. It can supply constant hot water as and when you open the tap. It also has a thermostat control to set the temperature that you need.
- Built-in thermostat controller
- The capacity of 2.5 Gal which is high enough for any household use
- Service life is quite good
- Installation is not that difficult
- With this unit installed, you do not have to wait for the hot water, thus it reduces heat loss and saves water as well.
- All you need to do is tap in your water line to the sink and install it to the sink. You are done!
- The mini tank has a glass line and comes with great durability and great insulation
- You can control the temperature of the water that you wish to use.
- Comes with a safety pressure valve as well
- The design is really attractive and stylish too.
- Installation is super easy
- Maintenance is easy too
- You can adjust the temperature
- According to the under sink water heater reviews this unit may not stay powered all the time
3. Ariston GL4S Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater:
Ariston and Bosch have really been amongst the top of the names in the market of water heater manufacturers. Over the years, they have produced quality products and this GL4S electric water heater is not an exception at all. If you are looking for a flexible mini water heater, then this is the perfect product for you. You can choose to use it independently or you can even use it with another big water heater.
This is truly one of the best point-of-use water heaters and that is the reason why the installation is not at all an issue. All you have to do is plug this water heater under your sink and it will start working pretty smoothly. It can store 4 GL hot water which should be good enough for your home use. According to the under sink water heater review, this is the best water heater that you can get in its category.
- This water heater comes with an adjustment knob which can be used to maintain the temperature. Also, the thermostat used in this water heater is really of high quality so as to provide you with an accurate and consistent hot water supply.
- Comes with a compact design and is perfect for medium size kitchen. Installation is quite easy too.
- This water heater comes with a pressure-relief valve that ensures a nice flow of water according to your need. Also, with just 4 Gallon of capacity, it can provide you a lot more energy efficient as well.
- Since with the mini tank attached, you do not have to wait for the water to heat up, it saves you energy and water compared to any other tankless water heaters.
- Also, if you compare with the traditional ones, you can understand the energy consumption of the same water getting heated and re-heater several times a day. But in this case, with a less amount of water, it takes a lot lesser energy to heat up and thus helping you save on energy bills as well.
- Maintenance of this water heater is really easy.
- This mini tank can fit easily under any sink so as to help you get hot water any time you want.
- You do not have to wait for a longer amount of times
- The thermal efficiency of this heater is 98%
- Comes with great insulation
- Can easily be mounted on a wall
- Lesser time to heat up water
- Savings on water and energy consumption is really high
- Easy to operate and install
- Compact design to fit in any kitchen
- Can be useful on RVs
- Powered by electricity which is convenient and operations are really quite
- Does not require any kind of wiring
- Not much weight
- Affordable in its category
- Easily portable
- Works independently and can be fit in with an existing water heater system as well.
- Comes with regulated pressure
- Ideal for the workplace and home usage
- Capacity is only 4 gallon which might not meet the requirement of some household
- You might need an expert to fit in the system in case you do not have any knowledge regarding plumbing
- The temperature may not offer consistent result
- According to some users, maintenance is not that simple as it seems
4. Ecosmart ECO MINI 2.5 2.5-Gallon 120V Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater:
This 2.5 Gal. capacity of a water heater is a perfect product for you to have in your kitchen. All you need to do is tap the water supply line in your kitchen, install the heater to your sink and you are done. You won’t need any pumps or recirculating line. So, if you wish to have an option that will ensure hot water source without having to wait for a long time, then this is the easiest solution to go for. This plug and play water heater has a compact design and is extremely lightweight and you can use a 110-V outlet to get going.
- It comes with an in-built storage system which has a 2.5 Gal capacity. This ensures that even if there is no electricity you can have hot water for some time at the least.
- The relief valve is the most important and significant of the advantages that it comes with. It helps you to control the pressure of the water heater. In case your heater does not have this kind of a controller, it will either cause you to have a lesser amount of water or more than you need. This can be a problematic situation both for you and your water heater.
- If you compare the weight of this water heater with other products, this is truly a lightweight addition to your kitchen. Being small in size, it gives you a better opportunity to fit the heater in any space you want and the light weight will allow you to port the heater anywhere in your home as and when you require.
- Simple and easiest of installation processes that you can ever encounter. You do not have to call for an expert either. All you need to do is unpack it, tap it in your line, install to your sink and you are done.
- Highly energy efficient
- Comes with 5 years
- You can adjust the temperature with ease
- Comes with additional brackets to mount on the wall
- Recovery time of 15 minutes
- Durable and high-quality assurance from the manufacturer
- Analog control for temperature adjustment
- Compact size suitable for any kitchen
- Absolutely Lightweight
- Nice design to fit your kitchen style
- Comes with pressure control valve
- Size is quite small compared to other products in the same category
- You can use any 120-V outlet to get started
- Easy to install
- Saves time, water, and energy
- Has constant storage of 5.2 Gal.
- As per the under sink water heater review you may not get clean water supply
- Not really a good manual to go through before you try to install by yourself
- You might have to call for an electrician
- Might get overheated if you do not control the water temperature on a regular basis
See Also: Best Tankless Water Heaters Reviews
5. Stiebel Eltron 074050 120V Sink Tankless Electric Water Heater:
Whether you need an under sink water heater for commercial purpose or in your home, the tankless heaters from DHC are truly the best that you can get. This particular tankless water heater is another great product from DHC and can be used under any sink you want. This device works instantly and due to the fact that it does not have any storage unit, results in lesser energy consumption. While using this unit, you need to remember that the amount of hot water you get, the water flow and the time it needs to heat the water, might depend on the kind of unit you have and the initial water temperature as well. Stiebel Eltron has been a well-known name in the world of tankless water heaters and this particular unit is not an exception for sure. Once you install this you can get hot water in your sink any time you wish for.
- It can provide you 99% efficiency with a constant hot water flow
- It requires a 120-V outlet and copper wire
- It can fit with almost any size or type of sink
- It comes with standard thermal and safety protection
- You need to call an expert to install this unit
- Comes with a separate warranty for parts and leakage
- Installation cost if really low
- Hydraulically controlled
- Available in different size
- You can get instant hot water with lesser energy consumption
- Reliable and amazingly designed
- Really easy to install and use
- Energy efficient and effective too
- Ideal for anyone having a small kitchen space
- The manual attached might not be that easy to go through
- Not that durable construction
- You might face some difficulties with the installation without the help of an expert
6. Bosch ES2.5-Point-Of-Use Electric Mini-Tank Water Heater:
This particular water heater from Bosch perfectly lives up to the brand name. It’s compact in design and light weighted which allows you to fit it anywhere in the kitchen and you can carry it to someplace with ease. It has really good energy efficiency and you can use it with a 120-V outlet. It comes with good quality insulation and with a pressure-relief valve as well so as to provide you safety.
- It has glass linings that make sure the construction is not damaged. The built is quite sturdy that can resist most of the impacts.
- The model overall is quite compact. It can fit in any type of sink. It’s easy to set up as well.
- Comes with a sleek and attractive design that can fit in almost any kind of kitchen décor
- Simple to connect to an electrical outlet and the in-built pressure valve and temperature control gives you the best under sink water heater experience.
- It’s totally energy efficient
- It almost plugs and plays. All you need to do is follow a few steps and you will be able to get going with the installation. But remember that you will need some accessories to fix things, so it’s better to go through the manual first and then get going.
- You get a nice temperature controller with the water heater. This enables you to set the water temperature the way you need it to be.
- It works instantly. You do not have to wait a long time for the water to get heated and any time you open the sink tap, you get hot water all the time.
- Well, you might have to wait for a few minutes for the water to heat up after you install the heater, but if you compare the performance with the other products, it works a lot faster even in winter seasons.
- While using a heater for a sink, saving water is a real issue. This water heater is a perfect solution to your problem as it makes sure you get hot water any time you open the tap.
- Installation is super easy. Although you might need to gather some accessories to get going, if you follow the instructions properly you can surely get it done by yourself.
- As per under sink water heater reviews this is a pretty much quality product with perfect durability.
- The pressure relief valve is an added advantage of this product but according to few customers, you might experience leakage from the valve which can be a big issue over time.
- If you live in an area where there are too much mineral in the water, it might so happen that it will get deposited inside the heater, which will cause the device to mal function over the time.
Why would you need an Under Sink Water Heater?
If you already have a central heating system, you may wonder whether it would be wise to install under sink water heaters in your house. Well, under sink water heaters do a great job in many situations, like below:
1. You need only a small amount of Water: Suppose you need only a small amount of hot water for instant use. Instead of turning on your central system, it would be ideal to turn on a POU water heater that will be able to supply a small amount of water instantly. This eliminates waiting time and energy loss.
2. You have a new Construction: In case you want to build a new shed or garage, it would be difficult to get hot water there unless you spend a good amount on plumbing and the services of a plumber. But with an under sink water heater, you wouldn’t need to do that.
3. You are a Frequent Traveler: If you travel too often, especially in your RV, then buying an under sink water heater is worth the money. You will have a supply of hot water, even on the move.
Types of Under Sink Water Heater
Much like central water heaters, under sink water heaters are also available with tank and without tank. There is no saying that one particular type will be the best for you. It is you who will have to decide which type will be the ideal one for your needs, depending on the information given below:
1. Under Sink Tank Water Heater: As the name suggests, these models come with a tank that stores and heats a certain volume of water so that you can use it as soon as you turn on the faucet or shower. The tank volume will usually vary between 2 – 16 gallons and you will have to choose a model depending on your requirement. The water will be kept heated so that you do not have to wait for the hot water. However, before you turn on the heater, you will have to make sure that you will use the amount of water that gets heated in the tank, else you will end up wasting money and water. These water heaters are comparatively cheaper than the tankless counterparts and thus, often much favored by buyers across the world. However, if space is a constraint for you, then you must go for the other type.
2. Under Sink Tankless Water Heater: These models do not have any storage tanks fitted. They are small, compact appliances that heat the water that flows through them and supplies them directly to the faucet to which they are connected. This means that you do not have to worry about the amount of water that you want to use. Whether you just want to wash your hands or want a shower, these heaters will heat and supply water according to your varying needs. There are no storage or space problems at all. Moreover, these models have a better lifespan than tank counterparts. They can last you 20 years or more, whereas tank models usually fail after 10-15 years. Since they come without tanks, there is less requirement of maintenance. They, however, cost more than the tank types but are worth the money.
Benefits of Buying an Under Sink Water Heater
Many may argue that a central water system is the best choice that is available. Though an under sink water heater can replace a central water heating system, there are many situations where an under sink water heater is the best choice. In fact, it is suggested that you install them at places where you think that you would instant warm water and allow the central water heating system to run when you require a lot of warm water like for bathing. Installing these water heaters at the right points is, no doubt, of great benefit some of which are mentioned below:
Easy Installation: If you have just moved into a new house or have bought a house that doesn’t come with a central water heating system, installing one immediately after shifting may be a big problem. It will require a lot of plumbing work to be done, meaning that you will have to shell out a whole lot of money, which may not be possible or ideal for you. In such a situation, you can install this point-of-use under sink heaters that can supply hot water to the faucets that you need the most.
Saves Electricity: As already mentioned, these heaters generate as much hot water as is needed. Thus, there is no need to heat up gallons of water even though you may require only a fraction of it at that time. Not only that, central water heaters always remain on the standby which means that they keep the water heated to up to a certain degree at all times. As the heat gradually dissipates, they start heating the water again to maintain the level of heat. This results in unnecessary use of electricity. But point-of-use water heaters eliminate waste of electricity for reheating or continued heating. Thus, you get to save electricity and money as well.
Energy Efficient: Apart from the fact that less or no energy is wasted when these mini water heaters are used, they also use less energy per use as they are more energy efficient. Researches and studies have shown that under sink water heater models use up 44% less energy than their bigger counterparts and this adds up to a significant amount of savings in energy bills every month and year.
Saves Water: The use of these heaters means that hot water is supplied only where it is needed and not anywhere and everywhere. Central heating systems supply hot water to all parts of the house, even where it may not be needed. This results in wastage of precious hot water. However, that is not at all a problem in case of the under sink heaters that supply hot water only to 1 or 2 faucets like in the kitchen, outdoor cabins, etc.
Convenient: If you have outhouses, garages, sheds, etc., it is quite natural that it is not connected to your central water heating system which means that you do not have hot water in these areas of your house. But with an under sink water heater, you can get hot water anywhere you need, making the winter days more comfortable. Moreover, for people who live in big houses, it is often a long wait to get water in remote parts of the house. However, when you install these point-of-use models in such areas, you will never have to wait to get the hot water. Not only that, you can use these heaters in your RVs, boats, etc. to have hot water even when you are traveling.
Space Saver: If you are living in a small or medium-sized apartment, then accommodating a big central water heating system may be a waste of precious space, especially if you do not need hot water all over your home. In such cases, under sink heaters are the ideal choice as they can supply water exactly where you want without wasting any valuable space.
Longer Lifespan: Under sink water heaters may look to be comparatively pricey, but what makes them a better choice than your central water heaters is their service life. These mini water heaters can outperform the bigger models by many years which mean that you do not have to invest money again anytime soon.
Problems that you may Face with an Under Sink Water Heater
Under sink water heaters is a great addition to your home or RV. However, sometimes they may cause inconvenience, mainly because of lack of knowledge or incorrect use. That is why, it is vital that you keep yourself abreast of the problems that you may have to face, the cause of the problems and how you can steer clear of all hassles. Given below are 3 common problems that occur due to improper use:
1. Water Leakage: Water leakage is a dreaded affair for any household and you would surely want to steer clear of that. Well, first of all, it is important to make sure that the heater is installed properly. An expert can do it the best. However, if you want to do it on your own, do make sure that the appliance is tightly fixed to the water supply source as well as the faucets so that water cannot seep. Ensure that the surroundings are kept as dry as possible or the moisture may damage the parts of the heater. Also, regular maintenance is necessary to avoid water leakage through cracked plumbing.
2. Blocked Pipes: Like with any other plumbing system, it is essential to clean the valves, outlets, and pipes at regular intervals. This will help get rid of any debris, dirt, and sediment that may have come in with the water flow. If not cleaned regularly, these deposits can clog the pipes and the outlets and disrupt the flow of hot water through the faucet.
3. Electrical Problems: If you are running the heater on electricity (which will be the most probable case), electrical hazards may occur unless you take proper steps. It is best to insulate the appliance and also ensure that that the surrounding environment isn’t too humid. This will reduce the chances of an electrical hazard and you will be safe.
Under sink water heaters may not be a replacement for the conventional water heating systems, but they do their job quite well. They supply hot water almost instantly, whenever you need. They are light on your pocket and very convenient too, which is why having them installed in your house is a pretty wise thing to do.
You May Also Like: