An Electric Fireplace is an electric heater that mimics a fireplace and looks as realistic as any natural coal or gas fireplace. But there are no dangers, mess, or maintenance normally required with these Electric Fireplaces, as in the case of the natural fireplace. Now all your dreams and imagination can come true with this amazing invention at home. The Electric Fireplace gives you a conventional and ultra-realistic life-like experience. Imagine a cold winter evening when all you want to do is sit in your living room by a nice fireplace and sip your hot coffee. On the contrary, all you are able to do is load yourself with clothes and sleep tugged in a thick quilt. this is maybe because you want to avoid all the mess and fumes of having a fireplace at your home. Life looks so dull and sad like this. What if we tell you that now you can enjoy the best fireplace experience without all the hassles involved? I know, it looks hard to believe! But this is true. With an Electric Fireplace at home, you can have an incredible experience without having to deal with all the troubles and difficulties.
- Buying Guide For Choosing the Best Electric Fireplace
- Best Electric Fireplaces Reviews
- 1. Best Choice Products 50″ Electric Wall Mounted Fireplace:
- 2. LifeSmart Large Room Infrared Quartz Fireplace:
- 3. R.W.FLAME 50″ Recessed Electric Fireplace:
- 4. DIMPLEX Electric Fireplace:
- 5. Touchstone 80006 Forte In-Wall Recessed Electric Fireplace:
- 6. MAGIK FLAME Electric Fireplace MANTEL:
- 7. Altra Furniture Ameriwood Home Bruxton Simple Fireplace:
- 8. DONYER POWER 14″ Mini Electric Fireplace:
- Types of Electric Fireplace Heaters
- Types of Electric Fireplaces Based on the Installation Type
- Reasons to Buy an Electric Fireplace
- Advantages of Electric Fireplace Compared to Traditional
- Disadvantages of Electric Fireplace Compared to Traditional
- How Effective are Electric Fireplace?
- How Economic are Electric Fireplaces?
Buying Guide For Choosing the Best Electric Fireplace
Before you jump on investing fortunes on buying this incredible product, it is important to understand that there are hundreds of options available in the market which needs to be carefully analyzed before buying the best electric fireplace. Below listed are a few points you should keep in mind.
- Check the area of room available and buy the size suitable for your room. Don’t buy an electric fireplace too big that it makes your room look messed instead of giving it a classy appearance.
- Spaces with high ceilings, windows, and drafts retain heat differently and impact the effectiveness of the Electric Fireplace.
- Choose the ones which can be operated with remote or smartphones.
- Make sure that the charging cord is of reasonable length.
- The installation process should be hassle-free.
- Choose the style of the fireplace as per your room décor.
- Consider reading the specs clearly before buying.
Best Electric Fireplaces Reviews
1. Best Choice Products 50″ Electric Wall Mounted Fireplace:
Why settle for any other fireplace and reduce your room space, when you can get the one which easily sticks on to the wall? Apart from this, you can choose the look of the fireplace you want! Be it the tempered glass look with a sleek black border or the wooden one, this best fireplace will always manage to outshine among all the interiors that would be placed inside your room. This 50 inches best choice fireplace comes with a remote which makes it easy to manage the heat and flame brightness with comfort. The rolling wheels attached to it also make it perfect for freestanding. And, what else does one need when one can contribute their share to the environment.
- It can be placed on a wall or kept on the floor.
- Comes in two looks.
- The timer allows for easy usage.
- Might not provide the best results when placed on the floor.
- The short length of the cord.
Also Check: Reviews of Freestanding Electric Fireplaces
2. LifeSmart Large Room Infrared Quartz Fireplace:
Well, who doesn’t want an electric heater in shivery cold weather and that too when it doesn’t require any cost of installation! This all-new LifeSmart Infrared fireplace makes sure that the entire room as big as a drawing-room stays heated over a long period of time. Not only this, but a silent fan has also been put up to ensure that the heat gets circulated throughout. All the pieces that are a part of this freestanding fireplace are of high quality and come with a year-long warranty. The beautiful lighting inside it makes it look even better than the actual fire. Being environment-friendly in nature, they are well known because of their energy efficiency feature.
- Maintains the humidity in the room.
- Adds charm to the ambiance of the place.
- Heats in a particular area only.
- Remote allows easy usage.
- The cord is short in length.
- Tough to get rid of the odor at times.
Also Check: Electric Fireplace TV Stand
3. R.W.FLAME 50″ Recessed Electric Fireplace:
The best fireplace which caters to all the needs, R.W. Flame Recessed Electric Fireplace offers the utmost features from warmth to decoration. Available in three installation ways, in-wall recessed, Wall mounted, and free-standing this fireplace comes in twelve flame colors and 12 LED Bed colors, which makes it suitable for every place from the bedroom to the workplace. Proper Air Inlets ensure no humidity. Offering you such a visual treat to eyes, these electric fireplaces heaters consume less amount of energy when compared to other heaters. Timer, touch screen feature, and auto heat kill safety make this fireplace the best of all! The amazing appearance of this living room fireplace would definitely catch the attention of all the guests who visit your place.
- Offers all three installation mechanisms
- The LED lights make the fireplace way more attractive
- Adds to the décor
- Some find the lights uncomfortable and disturbing
Also Check: Best Electric Fireplaces for Corner Area
4. DIMPLEX Electric Fireplace:
Crafted with simplicity, elegance, and originality, Dimplex Electric Fireplace is the one with the best fireplace reviews. The natural look logs with a perfect shiny glow would definitely astound you. The sleek design ensures easy placing of the firebox in any fireplace opening. What could be better than this Electric Fireplace with this natural look? Different heat settings allow one to set it according to one’s own body and season requirements. The remote included in the pack allows easy and convenient usage. The thermostat control feature allows the usage of these electric fireplaces over the entire year.
- Easy installation into the socket.
- Natural Look
- Economical and environment-friendly.
- Log look appears artificial to some.
- Heat confines to a limited area.
Also Check: Faux Stone Electric Fireplace Review
5. Touchstone 80006 Forte In-Wall Recessed Electric Fireplace:
No fireplace idea could have been better than this one, where the flame rises from a base of white stones. Amazing temperature settings allow this freestanding best fireplace heater to be used at a higher temperature in shivery cold weather and at a lower temperature in a moderate climate. Moreover, the flame settings with five different levels of brightness can also be adjusted according to your choice. The sleek appearance of this freestanding fireplace makes it suitable for workstations as well. The remote allows easy and comfortable access to the fireplace from your cozy bed.
- It comes with a proper user manual.
- Two heat settings
- Natural-looking flames.
- It can be managed with a remote control system.
- It doesn’t come in different installation ways.
- It needs to be placed at a distance from the ceiling.
6. MAGIK FLAME Electric Fireplace MANTEL:
You definitely don’t know what realistic flames seem like unless you haven’t installed Magik Flame Electric Fireplace. Developed after rigorous testings, this fireplace is among one of the best fireplaces across the globe due to the natural vibes of flames that come from the video mechanism installed in it. The white color Mantel, adds another different look to the fireplace which makes it stand out among all! A peaceful and low crackling sound of wood maintains the natural appeal and gives one a mindful and comfortable sleep.
- The smartphone app allows easy accessibility from the phone as well
- It can be operated in Ambience mode only.
- Offers a wide variety of 26 flames to choose from
- The crackling sound appears disturbing to some.
7. Altra Furniture Ameriwood Home Bruxton Simple Fireplace:
While all the fireplaces cater to a larger area, Altra furniture Fireplace is considered the best fireplace when it comes to comparatively smaller areas. The usage of this amazing fireplace not only confines to providing warmth and light but it also acts as a wonderful decorative piece. It automatically brings your room to the perfect suitable temperature. This already assembled fireplace makes it too handy to use. The fan placed inside it distributes the heat evenly. The appearance of this fireplace itself adds a glow to the place where kept.
- Adds a spark to the ambiance.
- Comes assembled already
- Doesn’t come with a remote
- Fan causes noise
8. DONYER POWER 14″ Mini Electric Fireplace:
What could be better than contributing to the environment in your own little way? The non-toxic elements of this best electric fireplace and its energy-efficient feature make it worth a purchase. The glass is cool always and thus is safe to touch. With properties like adjustable power and a metallic body, this mini Electric Fireplace is preferred by most people due to its portability feature. The three buttons on the top of the fireplace easily help to manage the temperature settings.
- Portable in nature
- Cord longer in length
- Energy efficient
- No remote attached to the package
- It is very small in size
These are safe and emit no harmful chemicals or gases. Thus they involve no dangers when kept in your room even when children or pets are around. Also, they are simple to install and use. All you need to do is simply plug in the attached plug to your wall and as you switch on you can see real-like flames coming and you experience the warmth and heat with no messy surroundings. It looks incredible and gives your home a newer appearance.
Types of Electric Fireplace Heaters
There are 2 main types of electric heaters used in Electric Fireplace manufacturing. The most popular one is the fan-forced coil heater in which a silent fan blows overheated coils to produce heat in the room. Electric Fireplaces with fan-forced coil heaters can provide supplemental heat for a 400-500 sq. ft. room. A more energy-efficient but less popular is the quartz Infrared heater. This heat is delivered through the invisible infrared light. The light warms the things it touches instead of the air around it to create more comfortable surroundings. Infrared quartz heat leaves humidity in the air creating a more comfortable home environment.
There are also ceramic heaters that are some of the newest convection heaters on the market. These heaters have ceramic plates and aluminum baffles. When electricity passes through the ceramic, it is heated. The heat is then absorbed by the aluminum and a fan blows the hot air into your room. Ceramic heaters are easily portable and give off a great deal of heat from a small box. These heaters tend to be more energy-efficient and safer than many heaters, so even though they heat up quickly, their plastic casings stay cool.
Types of Electric Fireplaces Based on the Installation Type
Wall Mounted: They don’t require any permanent installation and you can take them with you when you move. They can be hung on walls directly like TV. They can be easily installed without any special skills.
Built-in: they are ventless fireplaces that can be placed anywhere in the home. However, their installation is more complex than wall mounted fireplaces. They often require a professional service for installation.
Sided Electric Fireplace: These are beautiful modern Electric Fireplaces with multi-color flames and the ability to view the flames from all three sides. Different installation options allow you to make them two-sided by choosing only one of the sides to be exposed. Or you can completely recess them into the wall.
Free Standing: these are available as media cabinets or stand-alone units. They are movable, save space, and serve double functions.
With Mantels: in this, you can simply put the mantel together, insert the fireplace and plug in to start. No remodeling is required. Thus they are very easy to install.
Reasons to Buy an Electric Fireplace
I know this product looks tempting but if you are still in confusion whether to spend your hard-earned money on this or not, then have a look at the list of reasons which would surely make you buy this magical product:
- No smoke is produced.
- Highly energy-efficient product
- Low maintenance required
- Costs less than conventional fireplaces
- Since there is no need for a chimney, anyone can enjoy these Electric Fireplaces at home.
- Have longer lifespan
- Installation is easy
- Abundant options are available to suit your needs
- Although they produce enough heat for your room the product remains cool to touch. Hence these are safe to be kept in a room
- Since there is no requirement for any specific materials for use, Electric Fireplaces can be used at any time of the year.
Advantages of Electric Fireplace Compared to Traditional
When compared to a traditional wood or gas fireplace, Electric Fireplace proved to be much better in the following ways:
- no requirement for chimneys
- they are portable
- no need for remodeling for installation
- more economical
- safer to use
- no requirement of maintenance as in case of wood-burning or gas fireplace
- more convenient to use
Disadvantages of Electric Fireplace Compared to Traditional
- cost more to buy
- not as realistic as original flames
- cannot be exposed to weather
How Effective are Electric Fireplace?
Electric Fireplaces are one of the most efficient ways of heating the room with fewer costs involved. They heat the room much faster and much better than wood or gas fireplaces. There is no doubt about their efficiency and there are plethoras of options available from different brands.
How Economic are Electric Fireplaces?
The cost of traditional fireplaces tends to be outrageous to be it for installation or maintenance. The costs did not limit themselves to the time when the fireplace started to run but continued and even increased with usage. This was because of the requirement of wood for burning, storage of wood, regular maintenance needs, etc. The gas fireplaces required various other basic parts which increased the overall maintenance. Considering these options, Electric Fireplaces are the least expensive alternative. With an Electric Fireplace, there is no chimney cleaning, no service checks, and no costly installation fees- just plug it in and enjoy. No heavy costs are involved. It’s only the cost of the unit you pay. The rest of the added advantages are almost free!
Electric Fireplaces are the safest and most elegant alternative for the traditional fireplaces. These fireplaces produce artificial flames with the help of led lights which look very realistic. With every day advancing technologies, nowadays fireplaces with Bluetooth music and smart controls are also available. Also, using these helps us save wood, thus they are eco-friendly options. With these at home, you can enjoy your winters the way you want. You don’t have to compulsorily tug yourself in bed. Also, these would give your home a splendid appearance. So it’s time to enjoy the dramatic realistic yet artificial flames of this Electric Fireplace! Make your home look like ancient movies but with a modern twist.
You May Also Like: