Buying an electric fireplace TV stand is surely an investment that you would want well paid off. That is why, before you jump into buying one for yourself, you have a few considerations to make. Considering these factors will help you narrow down to the best electric fireplace TV stand for your home. If you have just moved into a new house or have bought your very first home, you would surely be eager to decorate it in the most efficient way. And if you happen to live in a country where winters are long and quite chilly, you would obviously want a fireplace in your living as well as the dining room.
However, having a traditional fireplace can be quite problematic. These fireplaces are quite big in size, require a regular supply of wood, create a good amount of smoke and ash, and can be quite unsafe. All these problems can be eliminated if choose to install an electric fireplace at your home that can double up as a TV stand. Yes! You read that right. most realistic electric fireplace tv stand are a great addition to any modern home and can go with any kind of home décor. They are quite easily available in the market as well which means that you will not have to search a lot to buy one. They look great and offer superb performance for many years. What’s more, you can now watch your favorite movies and shows on TV while enjoying the comfort of a crackling fire. And you do not need to buy a fireplace and TV stand separately. Naturally, electric fireplace TV stands have become quite popular over the years.
- What to Consider Before Buying an Electric Fireplace TV Stand?
- Best Electric Fireplace TV Stands in the Market
- Benefits of Buying an Electric Fireplace TV Stand
- Important Safety Tips for the Users
What to Consider Before Buying an Electric Fireplace TV Stand?
Size: The first and foremost factor to consider is size. The TV stand should be able to comfortably hold your TV, not only in size, buy by weight as well. You must also consider the overall size of the stand itself while choosing one for yourself. It should comfortably fit in the space that you have available in your room. There should be some free space around the TV stand or it may get scratched due to friction with other items.
Fireplace Capacity: This is another important factor of consideration while making your choice of the best electric fireplace TV stand. The fireplace must be good enough to provide ample heat to all corners of the room. As such, the choice of the fireplace must be made depending on the size of your room. The bigger the room, the powerful will the fireplace need to be to ensure even and proper warmth throughout the room.
Material to Make: You are going to make a long-term investment. That is why you need a unit that can actually serve your purpose for a long time to come. That is why considering the material of the making of the TV stand is important. It is vital that you choose a TV stand that is made of highly durable material to ensure that it can easily bear the weight of your TV and other gadgets without giving in any time soon.
Design: Electric fireplace TV stands can compliment your interior décor and that is exactly why you should go for a model that matches perfectly with your room décor. Not only do you need to factor in your tastes and preferences while choosing a model for your house, but you will also have to ensure that it can actually upscale the look of the living room or bedroom.
Additional Space: Since you are investing quite a good amount of money for the most realistic electric fireplace tv stand, you would obviously want it to enhance its utility. That is why it is better to choose a model that comes with quite a few additional shelves for storing common items like an icebreaker or some decorative vases. Though this will add a few more dollars to the price tag, you will get a lot more utility out of your TV stand than a simple one with no additional storage space.
Cable Management: No one likes the sight of tangled cables lying about. That is the very reason why you need to go for a model that comes with proper cable management facilities. These may include inbuilt holes, etc. that will help keep the cables untangled and out of sight. So, you wouldn’t need to bother about an ugly sight in your living room.
Safety Features: Electric units are inherently safer than their traditional counterparts. However, it would be wise investing in a unit that comes equipped with additional safety features like thermostats, keep-cool covers, well-designed heat vents, auto-shut facility and more so that everyone at home, including pets and children, can be safe.
Best Electric Fireplace TV Stands in the Market
1. DIMPLEX Electric Fireplace David:
If you are looking for a fireplace tv stand that can match up with your traditional or modern home décor, then this particular electric fireplace from Dimplex might be the perfect choice for you. This 50” fireplace is designed in such a way so that it can blend into any room. The design includes a black glass on the side and on the top that creates a floating illusion. This fireplace comes with an amazing 3D flame that imitates the real fire perfectly. The unit includes a fan to dispose of the heat. This fireplace gives you the best control facility over the room temperature. Since perfect temperature differs from person to person, the remote control gives you the best chance to adjust the temperature and get the best heat that suits you the most. Apart from that, the fireplace has enough space to put your cable box or maybe the DVD player. With a fantastic wooden body and sturdy design, you can always get enough space for your 70” television. The unit weighs only 294lbs and includes 1 year of warranty.
- Stable design
- Looks stylish that can match your room décor with ease
- Really easy to get going although you will have to assemble all the parts
- The fireplace size is quite big that is designed to accommodate other items like TV, DVD player and many more
- According to electric fireplace tv stand reviews, this unit is capable of providing consistent heat
- Comes with a remote control to adjust the temperature
- The thermostat used in this unit does not have any automatic ON or OFF option
- The remote is not that user-friendly
2. Classic Flames Corinth Electric Fireplace TV Stand:
In case you are looking for a fireplace that will not only fit into your small room but also give your room a classic look, then this fireplace from Corinth is the best that you can wish for. This fireplace is perfect for someone who has a small yet well-decorated room. With its vintage and classic style, this fireplace can certainly improve the look and feel of your room. This unit comes with a cherry finish and is made out of wood that makes it durable and sturdy. Although the unit weighs only 161.5lbs it has enough space to keep different devices. With this device in your room, you can put up a 42” TV on it along with your cable box and DVD player. You can even put up a few decorative items on it if you wish to do so. The fireplace is of 23” and provides a nice visual effect that you can control according to your choice. It has 5 different flame speed settings, 5 flame effect settings and also 5 different brightness settings as well. With the help of a versatile remote control, you can manage all these and you can certainly hope to get the best ambiance that you always wished for. This unit comes with different safety features as well which can be really amazing.
- Can heat up large areas with ease
- Flame effects can be adjusted to have the perfect ambiance
- Comes with multi-purpose and versatile remote
- It includes a thermostat and a timer as well
- As per the electric fireplace tv stand reviews, the classic design can be fit in with any home décor
- Safety mechanisms included preventing overheating
- Really easy to get started
- The heat produced might not be enough at times
You May Like: Modern Free Standing Electric Fireplace
3. Wildon Home Electric Fireplace TV Stand:
If you are looking for a perfect Fireplace TV stand for your medium sized room, then this particular product from Wildon is best for you. This solid unit made of wood which comes with a mahogany finish and is capable of holding a TV set up to 52”. You can use the lower compartment to keep other devices as well. This fireplace stand also comes with two separate compartments at the side which you can use as book racks. The fireplace size is about 20” and comes with a few different settings to match your mood. It has an adjustable thermostat to help you get the right temperature every time and the brightness controller can help you get the right ambiance as well. This fireplace can be set to a maximum time of 9 hours and the best part of this fireplace is that you get all the settings and controls on a single remote which is really easy to access as well.
- Quality wooden product and fantastic color combination
- You can adjust the flame features
- Enough space to keep things
- Better timer and thermostat control
- Comes with easily removable panels
- Quite easy to assemble the unit
- Maximum Mantle support that you can get is 85lbs
You May Like: Top Portable Electric Fireplaces
4. Ameriwood Home Lumina Fireplace TV Stand:
If you have a large television and in case you are looking for a fireplace TV stand then a particular product from Ameriwood is the best choice for you. With the capability of holding 70” TV, this fireplace is one of the best that you can get. It comes with a 23” fireplace so, you get enough space to store other small devices as well. This stand is made out of metal, MEDF, tempered glass and laminated white particle board. The shelves included are made out of glass which reflects the LED lights for a better experience. This unit comes with six additional compartments that you can use to keep your important things. It comes with a remote control that allows you to change the brightness and the color of the flames. Since the display element and heating element work separately you can always have the right ambiance in the room while choosing the right temperature that you need.
- Looks pretty much attractive
- Includes additional glass shelves that reflect the LED lights included in the fireplace
- Stable and sturdy design
- Comes with adjustable colored flames
- Enough storage space for small devices
- Great value for money
- As per different users, assembling the parts might be a bit difficult at times
- Quite expensive compared to other products in the same category
You May Like: Best Electric Fireplaces with Reviews
5. DIMPLEX Colleen Corner TV Stand:
This best fireplace TV stand from Dimplex is perfect for those who are looking for a TV stand that can fit in a tight space. This white fireplace is well designed to fit in any corner and also adds real elegance to your room. The benefit of buying this fireplace tv stand is that it can be fitted against a wall as well. This fireplace is made of quality wood that can hold up to 48” TV with ease. This stand comes with a 25” fireplace and above that, you can find a storage compartment to keep your cable box or maybe a DVD player. The system is capable to provide heat for large areas and can work independently as well. This will enable you to run the system without having to worry about the display. Apart from that, you can control the flame settings and the themes so as to match the ambiance of your room and the remote included is perfect to help you maintain the perfect temperature in the room.
- You can place it near a flat wall or in any corner
- You can adjust the flame colors and effects
- Fireplace and heat display works independently
- Easy to get going with the assembling procedure
- As per the electric fireplace tv stand reviews, it adds to the ambiance of the room and décor
- The user manual is not that easy to get going
You May Also Like: Faux Stone Fireplaces
6. Ameriwood Home Carver Electric Fireplace TV Stand:
If you wish to add the perfect ambiance to your room and get the perfect heating quality, then you can certainly buy this Fireplace TV stand from Ameriwood. This unit is designed to fit in TV sets up to 60” and is perfect for keeping your other electronic devices as well. Apart from that, it comes with two separate shelves that can be another great option for storage as well. And with the tempered glass fitted to the cabinet doors, you can always have safety from any damage as well. The unit also features a built-in AltraFlame reflector to enhance the burning images. The wooden stand comes with a 23” fireplace and is equipped with a proper remote control to let you have full control over the unit. If you go through electric fireplace tv stand reviews you will see that the heating system and the fireplace work separately so you can actually have a fine ambiance in the room while enjoying the perfect heat. Just remember that the unit is a bit weighty so you might need some help to set up the unit. The fireplace also has a warranty period of 1 year, so in case of any trouble, you can contact the manufacturers and you are done.
- Enough storage space
- The heating system and the fireplace works independently
- Better image quality with the AltraFlame reflectors
- You can easily put a big TV set on the fireplace
- Completely affordable
- According to some users, parts were missing when the package arrived
Also See: Corner Electric Fireplaces
Benefits of Buying an Electric Fireplace TV Stand
Apart from the fact that the utility of a TV stand and an electric fireplace is built into one unit, these TV stands with electric fireplaces have many benefits. Here we will see how you can benefit from buying one today:
Excellent Choice as a Centerpiece: If you are looking to add a statement to your home décor, these stands are what you need. Available in a variety of sizes, colors, shades, and designs, they can add to your interior décor and upscale your home value. Not only do they couple up as a fireplace and a TV stand, but you can also get units with additional shelves where you can place utility or decorative items.
Easy Setup: Electric models eliminate the need for building a fireplace to enjoy the warmth during the winter days. All you need to do is assemble the unit (which is usually quite simple if the instructions are followed) and plug it to a source of electricity. The fireplace will start working automatically, producing the heat that you require. If you buy an already assembled unit, you do not even have to bother assembling it.
Convenient: One of the most common reasons for buying an electric unit is it is extremely convenient to use. There is no need to gather or buy logs for the fire not, stroke the fire from time to time, or clean up the ash at regular intervals. Electric units are clean and require very less cleaning and maintenance.
Safe: Another reason why you should for the electric units is because they are much safer than the traditional fireplaces. Since there is no real fire, the chances of a fire accident are zero. Though electricity can cause accidents, they do not happen unless you are careless or use the unit in the wrong way. As such, these units are safe for all homes, especially if you have curious kids and pets. Moreover, modern units come equipped with advanced safety features like cool-to-touch glass, auto shut down option, digital thermostats, etc. which means that you can avoid all sorts of accidents.
Generates Adequate Heat: This is an important reason why the electric units are much preferred over the traditional versions. Electric fireplaces have inbuilt fans or infra-red technology that guarantees equal distribution of heat across the room so that you do not have to fight for a spot near the fireplace.
Important Safety Tips for the Users
If you want to ensure the safety of your family members and pets, it would wise to follow a set of safety rules at all times, irrespective of the gadget or appliance that you use. The same applies to the use of electric fireplace TV stands. Even the best electric fireplace TV stand can cause accidents and damage if proper safety rules aren’t followed. That is why it is essential that you adhere to the following safety tips:
- Keep the sockets close. Plugging your fireplace to a socket that’s far away can cause accidents and also strain the cables leading to electrical hazards.
- Make sure that the unit is in a dry area. Using units that aren’t waterproof in areas with a lot of moisture can increase the chances of electrical damage.
- Make sure that there is no liquid spillage in areas close to the units.
- If your unit doesn’t have the cool-to-touch feature, you should never touch the unit when it is running. It will be very hot and cause burns.
- Make sure that the area around the fireplace is uncluttered to allow proper heat dispersion.
- Always check the ventilation ports for any signs of blockage. If there is any indication, try to clear off the blockage so that heat dissipation can occur systematically.
- If the unit is acting up, do not try to do anything with it. Call in an expert to find out the problem.
- Switch off the unit when not in use. You will not only be able to save some money but also keep your children safe.
- Keep the remotes out of the reach of your children.
Buying an electric fireplace TV stand is, undoubtedly, a fantastic investment that enhances convenience and utility. However, you have to be very careful while making the choice of the model. The electric fireplace TV stand reviews and guide given above is surely going to be of great help to you in making a wise decision.